Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs. Paired with the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker, this is the best BBQ ever. Smoked barbecue beef ribs are taken to a new level of deliciousness in this recipe for sous-vide-que beef ribs with rosemary wine sauce. Juicy and tender thanks to a low and slow sous vide cooking, the beef ribs are then smoked on the grill to achieve mouthwateringly flavorful results.
Seal the pouches and place in the water bath. Smoked barbecue beef ribs are taken to a new level of deliciousness in this recipe for sous-vide-que beef ribs with rosemary wine sauce. Juicy and tender thanks to a low and slow sous vide cooking, the beef ribs are then smoked on the grill to achieve mouthwateringly flavorful results. You can have Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs
- Prepare 2 of slabs Beef Ribs.
- You need 5 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Chinese Five Spice Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 cup of Chinese Style Bbq Sauce *see my recipe*.
- It’s 4 of BPA free gallon sized bags.
A pan sauce rounds out this dish. Short ribs are among the most flavorful cuts of beef, and they can be remarkably tender and juicy when cooked properly. For barbecue—and for some purists these will be fighting words—short ribs are a much better cut of beef than brisket, as long as they're cooked low and slow in a moist environment. Cooking Instructions for Sous Vide Sous Vide Smoked BBQ Ribs For the Sous Vide Ribs.
Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs step by step
- Get the sous-vide water bath warming up to 165° F.
- Make the Chinese style rib rub. Combine the brown sugar, Chinese five spice, salt and onion powder into a jar and mix together thoroughly..
- Trim the excess fat from the ribs and cut in half..
- Coat ribs with the rub and let rest until the water bath reaches temperature..
- When the water is to temp place the ribs into the bags and submerge into the water..
- I use an oven cooling rack across the top of the bath to clip the top of the bags too to keep the zipper from going into the water. I've never fully trusted them to not leak when counting on them..
- Cover the top with plastic wrap to hold in the heat. The cooling rack helps support this too..
- Let cook in the water bath for 24 hours..
- After the 24 hours place the ribs on a smoker preheated to 250°F. I use pecan wood..
- Let them smoke for 2 hours, then brush with the Chinese style bbq sauce and cook for another hour then sauce again..
- Check after another hour and if to desired doneness remove from heat..
- Let rest for about an hour then grab some napkins and dive in!.
Mix together the spices in a bowl. Lightly salt and pepper the ribs then sprinkle with the spices. Place in a sous vide bag then seal the bag. I love to cook sous vide, the high tech alternative to braising, and tough cuts of meat (like beef short-ribs) is where sous vide cooking really shines. Beef short ribs with a red wine reduction is sure to impress and is easy to make ahead of time, making this the perfect dish to serve at your next dinner party.