Pork Rib Nilaga. Pork baby back ribs nilaga is a version of nilagang baboy that makes use of baby back ribs. This part is also known as loin ribs, or simply — pork ribs. It is located at the top of the rib cage next to the spare ribs.
It is a perfect dish that you can enjoy during cold and rainy weather. In this nilaga version, I added Knorr Pork Cube to provide more flavor to the dish. Nilagang baboy or boiled pork ribs or pork belly with vegetables is a very simple Filipino soup dish. You can have Pork Rib Nilaga using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Rib Nilaga
- You need 1 lb of Pork Spare Ribs (3 racks).
- Prepare 1 of Onion; quartered.
- You need 3 of Skinny Carrots; peeled and cut in half.
- You need 1 of Corn; quartered.
- Prepare 2 of Red Potatoes; whole.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Whole Black peppercorns.
- It’s 1/2 of Napa Cabbage; cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 1 of Pork Bouillon cube (optional).
- It’s to taste of Fish sauce.
The good thing about this dish is that you can substitute the vegetables cooked with the pork. For example, instead of potatoes, you can use. Tnx for watching! 🙂 Pork Spare Ribs Nilaga! Nilagang tadyang ng baboy Nilagang buto buto Ingredients : Pork spareribs Water Potatoes Pechay Salt Pepper Pork cubes (optional) Or pork stock for.
Pork Rib Nilaga step by step
- Cut up your veggies. Add potatoes, carrots,.
- Corn, onion,.
- Pork ribs, and black peppercorns to your pressure cooker. I used my 6qt Instant Pot. Otherwise, you can cook this in a regular heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat for 1hr or until the meat is tender..
- Fill with water just until everything is covered. Add 1 Knorr pork bouillon cube (optional; but it adds more flavor to the broth!).
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual > Adjust > High Pressure for 25 minutes..
- Cut up some cabbage into 3” chunks. You can add bok choy if you like! Set aside..
- Once the pressure cooker is done, add your cabbage and/or bok choy until cooked. Enjoy!.
Nilaga is a soup of boiled meat with vegetables. It can be nilagang baka [bah-kah] — beef like shank, or nilagang baboy [bah-boy] — pork like ribs and trotters. Place pork ribs, onions, carrots, bay leaves, peppercorns, and salt in a stock pot. After a long trip to Japan and the Philippines, we arrived home to the comfort of this big bowl of Beef Nilaga Short Ribs and Vegetable Stew. It was wonderful to enjoy home-cooked meals again.