Unstuffed Cabbage Roll. I tried this recipe, and it essentially mimics any cabbage roll filling. Don't put Campbell's soup in this. Instead, take a can of tomato paste and add water to your liking to taste.
This is a lot like my Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup but rather it's more of a hearty meal in a bowl vs. the soup. This also makes great leftovers for lunch the next day if you are lucky enough to have any left. The flavors just sit and soak together that much longer. You can have Unstuffed Cabbage Roll using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Cabbage Roll
- Prepare 11/2 of lbs. Lean Ground Beef.
- You need 1 of – Onion; chopped.
- You need 1 cup of chopped cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 of – Green Pepper; chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of petite diced Tomatoes.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Jasmine Rice; cooked and cooled.
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of Turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of Black Pepper.
- It’s Pinch of Salt.
Stuffed cabbage is a delicious traditional dish from eastern Europe. There are lots of ways to make it, but the most familiar way is to mix ground beef with onion, garlic, and cooked rice, wrap this filling in boiled cabbage leaves, cover it with tomato sauce, and bake it in a casserole dish. Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole is a true comfort food go-to. Nothing makes me think of my childhood and family more than Cabbage Rolls.
Unstuffed Cabbage Roll step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice; either by an instant pot or boiling method….let cool down..
- In a Dutch oven pot or a casserole dish.
- , mix together all ingredients well…
- Put dutch oven pot or a casserole dish in oven and cook for 30 minutes; remove from oven drain off liquid and stir; return to oven for 30 more minutes; remove from oven and drain again and stir; return to oven and cook another 30 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let it cool down a bit; then serve……*when done it will look like a casserole….
Growing up with Polish grandparents, they made an appearance at every occasion, from Christmas to Easter, weddings to baptisms! In a large skillet or dutch oven, brown the ground beef and onions. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute. With this recipe, you can have cabbage roll flavors in a fraction of the time! This flavorful "unstuffed cabbage" is a simmered ground beef and cabbage combination made with lean ground beef, tomatoes, and cabbage.