[Vegan] Mexican Street Corn. The street vendors were seen serving local corn grilled and smothered with mayo, Cotija cheese, lime and sprinkled with chili. We enjoyed many vegan tacos, burritos, and sweet and savory tamales. Enter this vegan take on classic Mexican street corn, with the perfect storm of flavors to finally turn me into a corn on the cob lover.
Elote is a popular dish sold by Mexican street vendors. Besides, it's also common at festivals and markets in Mexico. Mexican street corn is boiled or roasted corn on the cob that is served with a spicy mixture of mayonnaise, spices, lime juice, and cheese on top. You can have [Vegan] Mexican Street Corn using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Mexican Street Corn
- Prepare 5 ears of corn, cut in half.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of garlic oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of cilantro.
- Prepare 4 of limes.
- Prepare of Chili powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of cashew mayo/sour cream.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Sriracha.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Follow Your Heart Parmesan.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
So Mexican street corn salad is kind of like an easier take on Elote. Delicious roasted corn on the cobb topped with Mexican dairy-free sour cream, and dairy free cheese, chopped cilantro, chili powder and a squeeze of fresh lime. These vegan Elotes, also known as Mexican Street Corn, are perfect for your vegan cinco de mayo party, or if you're looking for some fresh and easy vegan BBQ ideas. Another summer BBQ favorite – Grilled Vegan Mexican Street Corn!
[Vegan] Mexican Street Corn instructions
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush corn generously with garlic oil and cook until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes, turning corn frequently to ensure its browned on all sides. Corn can also be cooked on a grill or under a broiler..
- While corn is cooking, use a microplane to grate lime zest over cilantro (roughly 2 heaping tablespoons). Add a generous pinch of sea salt (roughly 1/4 teaspoon) and chop the mixture until the cilantro is very finely minced..
- Add Sriracha to cashew mayo and whisk to combine..
- Once corn is cooked, brush each cob with a generous amount of Sriracha mayo mixture. Sprinkle with chili powder, then roll in cilantro lime mixture. Lay on a platter and sprinkle with cashew parmesan..
- Corn can be served warm or at room temperature..
Instead of using the traditional mayonnaise rub I did something a little different to reduce the fat and calories. And with a shake or two of my Vegan Parmesan – perfecto! (Be sure and grab plenty of napkins). This recipe is loaded with corn, jalapeños, homemade vegan parmesan, red onions and more, and will definitely be a hit at your next gathering! This Mexican Street Corn Salad is everything good in this world. Vegan mayo, lime, jalapeno, onions and chili lime seasoning all smoother the corn in the greatest sauce of all time, then toss with this vegan Cotija cheese, and you will know what true bliss is.