Fish pie with mushrooms. Call this mushroom pie a California quiche, with its Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, eggs, sour cream, garlic, and a whole pound of mushrooms. Great for company, and pretty easy to make, especially if you have an extra pie crust all ready to go. Serve this fish pot pie with a colourful medley of steamed vegetables, such as snow or sugar snap peas, carrots and baby corn.
Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the pan and set Stir in the chopped parsley and pour the sauce over the chicken and mushroom mixture. This easy chicken pie recipe is dead simple and can be knocked up in no time at all. Perfect with greens and mash, it's a great winter warmer. You can have Fish pie with mushrooms using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish pie with mushrooms
- You need 500-600 g of fish (cod, salmon, shellfish…).
- You need 6 of medium mushrooms.
- You need of For Mashed Potatoes (or used leftovers):.
- You need 600-700 g of potatoes.
- Prepare 25 g of butter.
- You need 120 ml of milk.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of For Cream Sauce:.
- Prepare 20 g of butter.
- It’s 300-350 ml of milk.
- It’s handful of chopped chives.
- Prepare handful of chopped parsley.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of plain flour.
But with this Chunky Beef and Mushroom Pie, with just one bite, you know it's a step up from the usual pie. You may not be able to This is the secret ingredient – Dried Porcini Mushrooms. Just a tiny amount adds a punch of savouriness and earthiness – in posh. A good fish pie has different textures and flavors in it so I decided to add oyster mushrooms which are a bit chewy alongside Add the milk and lemon juice, tear small pieces of the nori sheet off and add them with the sliced oyster mushrooms, tofu, peas.
Fish pie with mushrooms step by step
- Boil potatoes with the skin on until soft. Drain and let cool until you can touch..
- Return potatoes to the pot and mash them. Heat on low to evaporate any extra water..
- Add the 25 g butter and 120 ml milk, mix in some salt & pepper to taste. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 200°C..
- If using fresh fish, boil it for 5 minutes. Drain and let it cool, remove any bones or skin..
- Flake the fish into small pieces. Distribute in a baking dish..
- For the cream sauce: In a small pot, melt the 20 g butter on low and gradually mix in the flour so it turns into a paste. Gradually pour in 300-350 ml milk and whisk well. Add the chopped herbs and some salt & pepper..
- Pour the creamy sauce over the fish in the oven dish..
- Add mushrooms (you might want to saute them in butter beforehand)..
- Spread the mashed potatoes over top everything..
- Bake at 200C for 20-30 minutes until bubbling and a bit brown..
Heat oil in a frying pan and brown the turkey. When the onions are soft and translucent, add the mushrooms and thyme and suate for a few more minutes, until the mushrooms release their juices. My mum who is from Russian used to make the stuffing as a main meal. I turned it into a pie and the result is heavenly!! Putting the onion, bacon and mushrooms in the pan all at once resulted in the bacon staying quite unappetizingly flabby and pink and streaked.