Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork. This pork larb lettuce wrap fits my bill; its savory filling, the fresh and crispy lettuce, plus the perfectly balanced dipping sauce that is savory, sweet, spicy, and sour at the same time. To assemble, take a little bit of the ground pork filling and fill the middle of the lettuce leave. Ground Pork Lettuce Wraps with Asian Drizzling SaucePork.
I used ground pork instead because it was way cheaper than the ground chicken. It smelled a little funky while cooking but came out AMAZING! We love Thai lettuce wraps and these were delicious. You can cook Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 3 clove of garlic-minced.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion-diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemongrass-minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh ginger-minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic chili sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 5 oz of water chestnuts-drained and diced.
- Prepare 5 oz of bamboo shoots-drained and diced.
- You need 1/2 of fresh jalepeno-minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil, or to taste.
- You need 4 of green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro-chopped.
- It’s 1 of lime wedges.
- Prepare 8 of lettuce leaves, butter lettuce or romaine.
Very easy, healthy and a great meal for people watching their carbs. I served it with peanut sauce and. Start with lean ground pork, season it to perfection with ginger and Sriracha, and then spoon the mixture into crisp lettuce cups. Create a favorite restaurant treat right at home with these savory and sweet Thai lettuce wraps.
Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork instructions
- Heat canola oil in pan..
- Sauté garlic, onion, lemongrass, and ginger on med heat about 5 mins..
- Add ground pork, or ground meat of your choice. Mix well..
- While meat is simmering, make sauce. Add garlic chili sauce, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and ground black pepper..
- Add sauce to meat and stir..
- Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and jalepeno. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Stir well and cooked until meat is done, breaking up meat as you go..
- Take off heat and add sesame oil, green onion, and cilantro. Stir well..
- Add mix to lettuce wraps and serve with fresh lime..
Start with lean ground pork, season it to perfection. When I make Asian-spiced lettuce wraps with lean ground pork, I remind my family they're meant to be an appetizer—but maybe I should just call it supper. To serve, place pork mixture in lettuce leaves; fold lettuce over filling. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. Classic Asian lettuce wraps get a healthier makeover with ground turkey swapped in for ground pork, and finely chopped mushrooms added to the mix!