Tofu Thai Green Curry. This healthy vegetable curry is packed with nutrition and flavour. It's easily made vegetarian and vegan by switching the fish sauce out for soy sauce. This flavorful green curry is made with a homemade Thai curry paste and is stuffed full of green vegetables and fried tofu.
Make it in your instant pot and enjoy with jasmine rice. Thai green curry is a very popular dish and our organic tofu brings a unique, light taste to this dish packed full of flavour. Make this Thai green tofu curry for a quick and easy dinner. You can cook Tofu Thai Green Curry using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu Thai Green Curry
- Prepare 400 g of Tofu.
- You need 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh aspagagus trimmed.
- Prepare 125 g of green beens trimmed.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of green Thai curry paste.
- Prepare 2 of shallots, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli deseeded and finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 125 g of baby corn.
- Prepare 1/2 of courgette, cut into thin slices.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, trimmed and cut into thin strips.
- You need 125 g of pak choi (I left it out).
- It’s of Juice of 1 small lime.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped coriander plus extra for garnish.
- It’s 2 of spring onions, trimmed and cut into thin slices.
Also, check out our vegan Thai green curry which uses butternut squash. This is so simple and so good! I replicated this recipe from my favorite Thai restaurant in Atlanta. Serve tofu over the rice and drizzle generously with green curry sauce!
Tofu Thai Green Curry instructions
- Drain the tofu, wrap in kitchen paper to remove excess water for 20 minutes, cut into 1 cm pieces and place in the soy sauce to marinate..
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the green beans and asparagus tips for a minute, drain and refresh in cold water..
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the green Thai curry paste and cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently..
- Add the tofu, stir lightly until coated with the curry paste then cook for a further 2 minutes. Then add the shallots, chilli and garlic and carry on cooking for another 2 minutes..
- Pour in the coconut milk, bring to a simmer, then add the baby corn, courgette, red pepper, green beans and asparagus. Cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes then add pak choi. Simmer once again for a minute then lastly tip in the fresh lime juice and chopped coriander..
- Serve sprinkled with a small amount of chopped coriander and spring onions accompanied with Thai jasmine or sticky rice..
Simple and flavorful Thai green curry recipe served with steamed, seasonal vegetables. Served with or without tofu, it's a filling vegetarian dish! Thai green curry is traditionally seasoned with fish sauce, but since this recipe is vegetarian, it calls for soy sauce instead. This dish is gluten free as long as you. This green curry includes tofu, which you'll need to cook separately from everything else.