Southern style fried chicken legs. Place the chicken leg back into the flour mixture and cover it again in flour. Once oil is hot and ready for frying, place chicken leg into the oil for frying. Once legs are fried to a golden brown, remove from oil and place on a double-folded paper towel on a plate.
This would make or break my love for the air fryer and that test was homemade southern-style fried chicken! I made a basic Southern-Style Fried Chicken recipe and threw it in the air fryer. Although I'm sure any fried chicken recipe would work. You can have Southern style fried chicken legs using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern style fried chicken legs
- You need 4-5 of chicken legs, washed.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
The results: Perfectly golden, crisp and crunchy Air Fryer Southern-fried chicken! Rinse the chicken pieces with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Coat meat with a mixture of crushed cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper before dunking each drumstick in buttermilk and covering in a crunchy outer layer again. These oven-fried drumsticks simplify the method by using a flour coating, melted butter, and the oven.
Southern style fried chicken legs instructions
- Mix dry ingredients in a ziploc bag, it’s easiest for coating this way. Beat eggs and buttermilk in a bowl..
- Put oil in a pan and heat to 350.
- Dip chicken in flour and spice mixture then buttermilk egg mix then back in flour spice mixture. Immediately place in hot frying pan and fry about 10-12 minutes per side on medium heat until crispy and brown. Great plain or you can toss in bbq or hot sauce. Pairs great with Mac and cheese, green beans, corn, coleslaw, potato salad, potato wedges, salad or mashed potatoes and gravy..
Flour is seasoned with paprika and poultry seasoning, along with a little curry powder for an interesting twist. Plus, the legs are more affordable than the breasts. You probably even have the ingredients in your kitchen already. To make sure your chicken comes out delicious and crispy, please try to follow these tips: Pre-heat. My favorite chicken was Southern Smothered Chicken.