Moms Taco Salad. Mom's Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing and Fritos. Recipe tips: If you want to put this together ahead of time for a party or potluck, mix the cooked and seasoned beef with the beans and corn and place in one container and the lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese in their separate bags. Once you are on location, combine everything, adding the.
Ever since I was little I remember my mom making Taco Salad at least monthly and definitely more during the summer. I've seen variations of this taco salad floating around and recently I was just craving it. My Mom made this version for us growing up and I loved it. You can have Moms Taco Salad using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moms Taco Salad
- It’s 1 lbs of hamburger meat.
- It’s 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 of large can of dark red Kiney beans raised and drained.
- It’s 2-3 of large tomatoes cut up.
- You need 1 bag of Mexican taco cheese (about 3 cups).
- Prepare 1 head of lettuce.
- You need 1 bottle of French dressing (or western dressing).
- You need 1 bag of nacho cheese Doritos (crushed).
It's simple to pull together with some basic ingredients plus an extra or two that you might need to pick up at the store. My version of taco salad features a creamy, spicy dressing, tons of fresh veggies, and of course taco meat. Taco Salad can easily be made to fit gluten-free, dairy-free, and Paleo lifestyles by swapping or leaving out a few ingredients. In fact, Taco Salad is often my go-to meal when serving dairy-free or gluten-free guests.
Moms Taco Salad step by step
- Brown hamburger meat (I used my instant pot).
- Drain hamburger meat add taco seasoning packet following directions on package. Let hamburger meat cool I set it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut up tomatoes in bite size pieces, cut up all the lettuce.
- Drain and rinse kidney beans.
- Crush up bag of Doritos up a little.
- Hamburger must be completely cool or it will melt the cheese you don’t want the cheese to melt..
- In a big bowl add the meat, tomatoes, kidney beans, cheese..
- If you are severing this right away Add the all lettuce, chips, and French dressing. If you are not severing this right away then wait to add the rest of the ingredients till you are ready to sever it. If you don’t it gets soggy.
- You don’t have to use all of the dressing, I use about more than half of a bottle, it Depends on how dry or wet you want it..
- You can also add Banana peppers, jalapeño peppers, hot sauce when making Single plates..
- This is a eat the same day recipe, it don’t hold good for the next day, the chips and lettuce gets soggy. It a great dish for summer bbq or a meal all on its own..
This taco salad has simple ingredients, but when you put everything together it creates a really tasty salad. We loved the crunch and flavor of the Fritos – it's a little different than the average tortilla chip. Another recipe my mom used to make. Definitely not like a traditional taco salad. Moms Taco Salad This is my go to salad for the summer.