Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese,. Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes came together pretty organically and randomly for us. We have had Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese sandwiches in our rotation for years (because they are AMAZING) and one day we made up a skillet and…. our bread had become furry. So we had hamburger buns on hand from a hamburger night meal a couple of nights before.
Try this Easy Philly Cheesesteak sloppy joes recipe for a quick dinner! Everyone will love Philly cheese sloppy joes. The onions, peppers and cheese are so good! You can have Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese, using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese,
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground turkey or ground beef (I used ground beef).
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper chopped (if you have an red bell peppers then use some of that too!).
- It’s 1/2 container of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 2-3 of diced (pepperoncinis optional).
- It’s 1-2 of Jalapeño diced (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of A1 Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of beef broth (just water is fine too, if you don’t have any stock) I used water.
- You need of salt and pepper to taste garlic to taste.
- You need of sliced cheese (I used Provolone cheese or Swiss for this).
- Prepare of Hot dog buns or hamburgers buns or any rolls or bread you like (I toast mine then toast it again with meat mixture and cheese on it.
- You need of Toppings.
- Prepare of Lettuce.
- It’s of Tomatoes.
- You need of Mayo.
- It’s of Hot sauce.
- Prepare of Or can keep it easy with just cheese.
Philly cheese steak sloppy joes is so simple and cheap to make. Make this Philly cheesesteak sloppy joe recipe today! Cheese: Use the thinly sliced provolone cheese for best results on melting and getting the most flavor for a philly cheese steak sloppy Joe. You can also use shredded cheese and melt it over top of the philly cheese steak mixture before adding it to the buns.
Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese, step by step
- Stove top and instant pot. Directions. Cut or dice all veggies I used and onion dicer..
- Brown turkey or beef in a pot. Once browned drain the grease put back in pan add all cut up veggies (I used my instant pot).
- Cook on medium heat until they are cooked through. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a bubble and then cover and let simmer for a good 10 minutes. Spoon onto any kind of bun. Top with the cheese and Enjoy!.
- Crockpot directions – Just combine everything in the pot and let cook on low all day. (I did everything in my instant pot but put in my crockpot on low to cook it down (2hrs) you could used the instant pot slow cooker but I never used that..
- Notes- I used hot dog buns toasted them, then add the meat mixture and cheese then toasted them again so the cheese was melted. I toasted them so the buns would not get soggy.
Philly cheese steak sloppy joes are essentially Philly cheese steak recipe with ground beef, served on toasted hamburger buns instead of hoagie or sub rolls. There is something special about combining steak and cheese: mouthwatering cheesy, sweet and savory flavor in each bite. Whisk in milk, bring up to a bubble and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.