Cheesy Chicken Burritos. This Cheesy Chicken Burritos recipe makes a favorite meal. Filled with chicken, cheese, and vegetables, this is a burrito recipe you'll love serving! As soon as the RV stopped long enough in the driveway for me to fling the door open and run into the house, Little Buddy and I were in a foot race.
The family loves them, and they are simple to assemble. Baked Chicken Burritos AKA 'skinny chimichangas' are restaurant delicious without all the calories! These Chicken Burritos are made super easy by stuffing them with the BEST slow cooker Mexican shredded chicken, baking to golden perfection and smothering in most incredible Cheesy Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce. You can cook Cheesy Chicken Burritos using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Chicken Burritos
- You need 2 of small cans Campbells Chedder Cheese Soup.
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of Salsa (your choice).
- It’s 1 lb of Chicken.
- It’s 2 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Salsa (your choice).
- Prepare of Tortilla Shells.
You can make the chicken and sauce ahead of time and then reheat for crazy fast assembly! Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat.
Cheesy Chicken Burritos step by step
- Stir Chicken Broth, Rice and 1/2 cup Salsa then cook (I use the Instant Pot and hit the Rice button..
- Cube chicken then fry in the pan on Medium heat until cooked..
- Mix Soup and Salsa into fry pan with chicken and lower heat to simmer for about five minutes to heat up the remaining ingredients..
- Either combine Chicken mixture and Rice in the Tortilla Shells or place Chicken mixture in the Tortilla and serve with the rice..
Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth. Spread chicken strips onto microwaveable plate; cover with waxed paper. Now, grab that Cheesy Chicken Burrito Casserole out of your oven! That is a whole bunch of melted deliciousness right there!