Dal Makhani. Dal makhani recipe with stovetop and instant pot instructions. Dal makhani is a classic Indian dish made with whole urad dal, rajma, butter and spices. It is one of the most popular lentil dishes originated in the Punjab region of India and Pakistan.
Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Dal makhani recipe with step by step pics. This dal makhani recipe is restaurant style & tastes awesome. You can have Dal Makhani using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dal Makhani
- Prepare 1 cup of black lentils.
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 sachet of dal makhani spice.
- You need 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of medium chopped red onion.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of canola oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of dried fenugreek leaves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare Half of and Half to garnish.
- You need of Cilantro to garnish.
- You need to taste of Salt.
If you love authentic punjabi food then you are going to love this dal makhani even more. The more slow cooked dal makhani is, the better it tastes. Dal makhani is made with whole urad dal and rajma. Dal makhani is my third recipe of yours which I tried.
Dal Makhani instructions
- Wash the lentils and add to instant pot.
- Add salt, fresh ginger, water (two inches above lentils) and pressure cook for 25 minutes on high.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté red onions.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- Cook on medium to low flame for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils along with the water and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the spice mix and continue to stir to avoid dal from sticking to the pan.
- Add more water to get to desired consistency.
- Add butter, fenugreek leaves and cream towards the end and stir..
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
I tried your palak paneer and dal tadka recipes and they came out SUPERB! I am definitely cooking dal makhani for my parents and siblings when I visit them in Jordan and will also bring a bag of urad dal since no way I will find it in Jordan. Dal makhani is one of the most popular Indian dishes. This spicy lentil preparation is made a mix of rajma or red kidney beans and whole black gram or sabut urad dal and a perfect blend of whole spices. Cook the soaked dal and rajma in the same water with salt, red chili powder and half the chopped ginger till dal and rajma are cooked and soft.