Uncle Mac's Jalapeño Poppers. Uncle Mac's Jalapeño Poppers Wendy S. Cut a slit lengthwise on top of each Jalapeño then with a small knife remove the seed bulb and ribs from each. Fill each jalapeño half with about a teaspoon of rice mixture, depending on size of jalapeño.
Top filled jalapeños with crumb mixture. Remove from the oven and place on a platter. Put on your stretchy pants, grab your favorite beer (we are carb-loading today), and get ready for the best smoked mac and cheese ever, jalapeño popper style! You can cook Uncle Mac's Jalapeño Poppers using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Uncle Mac's Jalapeño Poppers
- It’s of large raw jalapeños.
- You need of strips of smoked Gouda cheese.
- You need of strips of chicken cutlet.
- You need of thin center cut bacon cut in half.
How to smoke mac and cheese The ooey-gooey nature of mac and cheese makes it a perfect candidate for smoking. The jalapeno pepper is briefly sauteed with some onion and this removes some of the bite from the jalapeno. You could use canned jalapeno or pickled jalapeno instead of fresh. This Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese works great as a side dish, but it is hearty enough to eat as a main dish.
Uncle Mac's Jalapeño Poppers step by step
- Cut a slit lengthwise on top of each Jalapeño then with a small knife remove the seed bulb and ribs from each jalapeno..
- Place one strip of smoked Gouda cheese inside each Jalapeño..
- Place one strip of chicken cutlet inside each Jalapeño on top of smoked Gouda cheese..
- Wrap one half slice of bacon around center of each Jalapeño and secure closed with a toothpick..
- Grill or broil poppers on BBQ or in oven broiler until bacon crisps and peppers begin to char..
- Serve with Marie's asiago peppercorn dressing or any other dressing of your choice..
You could leave out the bacon to make it vegetarian. These delicious little jalapeño poppers make a fabulous appetizer for a party or game day gathering. Jalapeño peppers are stuffed with a cheddar and cream cheese mixture and then they're battered and deep-fried to perfection. Fill the jalapeño poppers with cream cheese and bacon mixture. Sprinkle the baked jalapeño poppers with the bacon bits, lightly pressing the bacon bits into the cream cheese so they stick.