Chinese Clay Pot with Chicken, Sausage, and Bacon. Spread the chicken mixture and sauce all over the top of the rice, and put the lid on. Give it a few stirs and sprinkle the spring onions over the top, and serve piping hot. Clay pot rice with Chicken and Chinese sausage is one of my favorite.
The key to the short cooking time in this Hong Kong Style Clay Pot Rice is soaking the rice for an hour beforehand (by the way, this recipe was written by my mom. I happen to just be writing the whole intro/preface/lead-in today). Just put the rice and water into your pot and walk away for an hour. You can have Chinese Clay Pot with Chicken, Sausage, and Bacon using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Clay Pot with Chicken, Sausage, and Bacon
- Prepare 4 of chicken thighs, cut to bite-sized pieces.
- It’s 2 of Chinese sausages.
- Prepare 8 of inches Chinese bacon.
- Prepare 2 clove of of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of inch ginger, minced.
- You need 4 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of rice wine.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 8 of dried shiitake mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 3 1/4 cup of rice.
- It’s 3 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 5 of spring onions, chopped.
Traditional Chinese clay pot chicken rice recipe! Easy, Step-by-step tutorial! (煲仔雞飯) Thumbs up if you want more cooking tutorials! Subscribe & Make my Day Activating smell-o-vision. Those cooked steamed rice , underneath are soaked with delicious sauce from the marinated chicken drippings and also from steaming lap cheong ( chinese sausages )over a period of time.
Chinese Clay Pot with Chicken, Sausage, and Bacon instructions
- Soak the Chinese bacon for 5-24 hours prior to beginning. Soak the dried mushrooms in warm water ~30 minutes before beginning..
- Mix the chicken with all the ingredients except the rice, mushrooms, onions, and stock. Leave to marinade at least 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, put the rice and chicken stock in the cold claypot and place it over medium heat with the lid on. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce the heat to a simmer, then leave the rice to steam for 15 minutes. The rice should be cooked, with little holes in the flat surface..
- Also meanwhile, heat oil in a wok and stir-fry the marinated chicken meat for 1 minute. Add the mushroom slices..
- Spread the chicken mixture and sauce all over the top of the rice, and put the lid on. Continue to steam over low heat for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is white and cooked through and the rice is ready. Give it a few stirs and sprinkle the spring onions over the top, and serve piping hot..
- Recipe adapted from almostbourdain.com.
Claypot Chicken Rice is another popular version of chicken rice in Malaysia, and throughout the South-East Asia. The rice is cooked in a clay or sand pot and top with some Chinese sausages, and. This clay pot chicken rice is so addictive! Beyond the greatness of the tender and moist chicken, the rice absorbs all the extract from the mushrooms and chicken grease, and is then seasoned with oyster sauce. My recipe teaches you the easiest way to create a super flavorful one-pot dinner without a clay pot or rice cooker.