Datemaki (Fish Omelet Roll).
You can have Datemaki (Fish Omelet Roll) using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Datemaki (Fish Omelet Roll)
- It’s 100 g of Hanpen (fish & yam surimi).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of mirin or honey.
- You need 1 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need of some vegetable oil.
Datemaki (Fish Omelet Roll) step by step
- Mix all the ingredients together with a blender except for the oil..
- Spread the oil on a rectangle pan (for omelet) with kitchen paper and preheat on a low heat. Pour the dough into the pan and make the surface flat with a spatula..
- Cover the pan with aluminum sheet and cook for 3 minutes on a low heat. Then remove from the heat and let it stand for about a minute..
- Remove the covering and cook for three minutes on a low heat..
- Turn the omelet over and cook for a couple of minutes on a low heat..
- Place the omelet on a bamboo mat (makisu), with the brown side down. Curve slits in every 1.5cm with a knife..
- Roll it and fix the bamboo mat with two rubber bands. Put the roll with the end of the roll down. Store in a fridge when cooled down..
- I usually leave it over a night but you can eat a bit sooner, too. Slice and enjoy..
- Decoration for kids..
- Mirin-like seasoning（みりん風調味料）.