Chile de Arbol.
You can cook Chile de Arbol using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chile de Arbol
- You need 8 of dried Arbol chilis.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 6-7 of medium-large Roma Tomatoes (quartered).
- You need 1/2 of White Onion (quartered).
- You need 3-4 cloves of Garlic (peeled, smashed).
- Prepare 2 tbs of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
Chile de Arbol instructions
- In a medium pan, toast Arbol peppers over medium-high heat until the peppers begin to turn slightly brown and produce a distinct smell. About 2-3 mins..
- While toasting peppers, add 1/2 cup water to a small sauce pan and boil. Remove from heat. Once peppers are toasted, submerge the peppers in the boiled water and cover for 10-15 mins until the peppers are soft..
- In the same pan as you toasted the peppers, add 2 tbs oil and heat on med-high heat. Add the tomatoes, onion, and garlic and sauté until soft. (No need to break down) Sauté until the veggies have began to turn brown. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Pour the peppers and the water into a blender and blend on high for about a minute until you don’t see any larger bits of pepper remaining. Add the veggies and any liquid from pan as well as the dry spices and blend on low until smooth..
- Place sauce in a glass bottle (for pouring) or an air-tight container and place in refrigerator for at least an hour to let flavors meld and the sauce to chill. ENJOY!.