Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker). Impress a crowd with this flavorful & authentic keto carnitas recipe. Put a twist on taco Tuesday with these slow cooker pork carnitas! They're cooked in the slow cooker until juicy and fall-apart tender, then oven-crisped to absolute perfection!
This recipe can also be cooked in a slow cooker if you prefer to set and forget. After marinating the pork, place all the ingredients into your slow cooker. Our Low Carb Pulled Pork Carnitas recipe is perfectly delicious straight from the pan. You can have Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker)
- It’s 6.5 lb of Pork Sirloin Roast.
- Prepare 4 of mixed Baby Bell Peppers.
- Prepare 1 of large Poblano Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Jalapeno Pepper.
- You need 2 of small Sweet Onions.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 8 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- You need 5-10 drops of Liquid Smoke.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Bacon Fat.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
But we've got so much more planned for them. Slow Cooker Keto Carnitas Few things are better comfort food than slow-cooked meat, and nowhere may that be truer than well-seasoned, flavorful slow cooker keto carnitas. What I love about this recipe is how little time it takes, really—especially compared to how many ways you can use it in other dishes throughout the week. Keto Carnitas Slow Cooker Lettuce Wraps.
Keto Carnitas (Slow Cooker) instructions
- First dice and chop up all your onions and peppers then add them and garlic to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, 2tbsp bacon fat and can Tomato Sauce to veggies and stir til evenly coated.
- Add seasonings to a bowl and mix.
- Rub the pork roasts with seasonings then place on top of mixture in slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 8hrs.
- Slowly lift roasts out of pot and place in large mixing bowl. Leave veggies and sauce in pot and add apple cider vinegar..
- Shred pork with two forks and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- This next step is optional but adds the textural components lost from using the slow cooker. In large saute pan (I use my Wok) add a few tablespoons of bacon fat and turn heat on high and grease pan. You want it screaming hot. Then toss in 1/3 of the pulled pork and let it crisp up and stir a few times and then remove and add to separate mixing bowl to cool and repeat the process two more times.
- Portion out pork into portion containers then scoop out sauce from slow cooker over top of pork.
These Easy Keto Pork Carnitas are made by cooking low carb pulled pork in the slow cooker and then serving the Keto Carnitas on Bibb lettuce for a low carb lettuce wrap, topped with sour cream, cilantro, onions or your favorite Keto Friendly Carnita toppings. Make a paste by combining the olive oil, dried oregano, lime juice, ground cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika and salt and pepper. Healthy comfort food is only a timer away. From low-carb soups to healthy meat main dishes, these keto-friendly recipes can be made in your slow cooker so you can prep in the morning and have a. Roast or smoke the pork or cook it in a slow cooker for busy days.