[Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto. This sauce is super creamy, so you don't have to add any vegan cheese or plant milk. You need to try this vegan butternut squash risotto, it's absolutely amazing, super healthy and really easy to make! Please leave a comment or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram or any other social network if you make this recipe.
Serve it as a main course or a side dish. Vegan Butternut Squash Risotto is the perfect fall meal! This savory dish is gluten-free and vegan, yet it is so creamy, you will think that it must have dairy! You can have [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto
- Prepare 1 cup of arborio or other medium-grained rice (you need a starchy rice for risotto, unlike the long-grained basmati).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of butternut squash, peeled and cut into a 1/2-inch dice.
- You need 4-5 cups of hot vegetable stock (you could use water, but a stock is far more preferable for better flavour).
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon dried sage.
- You need to taste of Salt and ground black pepper.
This is one of my favorite dishes to make for Thanksgiving or any fall dinner party! This vegan butternut squash risotto is a dairy free take on the classic dish, and given a Fall twist with roasted butternut squash. While the squash bakes, make the risotto on the stovetop. We love comforting food and whilst regular short gain rice can do the trick, risotto is just at another level.
[Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto instructions
- Cashew Cheese made by blending together 1/4 cup cashews, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, 1/4 cup of water, and salt to taste (optional).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the butternut squash, a pinch of salt, and some ground black pepper..
- Saute over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes or until the squash starts to soften and caramelize..
- Turn down the heat to medium. Add the rice and stir it with the squash until it begins to turn opaque, about 1 minute. Season again with salt and pepper..
- Add the white wine and cook, stirring, until the wine’s almost evaporated..
- Add 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and stir it in. Once the stock has almost evaporated, add another 1/2 cup. Repeat until the rice is cooked. It took me about 35 minutes. Don’t forget to season again with salt and pepper at the end. You might need more or less stock, and you basically want the rice to be tender yet slightly toothy, or al dente. In other words, you don’t want mushy ride. You also don’t want the rice to be dry and lumpy. It should be smooth and creamy..
- Now add the cashew cheese, if you’re using it, and stir it in. Immediately add the sage and mix. Turn off the heat..
I guess the creamy texture and the overload of flavours is what makes a bowl of risotto so inviting. With a creamy butternut squash puree and miso maple butter, this vegan butternut squash risotto is the ultimate fall comfort food! There's something very comforting and rewarding about pouring your heart and soul (and arm strength) into a creamy dish that'll hug your soul (and hips). Continuing cauliflower's artist-in-residency run in our freezers, Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower & Butternut Squash Risotto combines the lovely, easy texture of traditional risotto with the savory, herby sensations of autumn. We combine soft chunks of butternut squash, carrots, garlic, cheese.