Sweet stuffed pepper soup. Stuff Ground Beef In Bell Peppers With Onions And Rice To Make A Delicious Weeknight Meal. Tomatoes, peppers, garlic and onions are the mainstays of my garden. Being the oldest of seven children, I acquired a knack for cooking from my mom. — Joseph Kendra, Coraopolis, Pennsylvania Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home Next Recipe.
I made a few changes to make it soupier. Also when I make stuffed peppers I use Italian herbs. There are two different versions that we enjoy: the recipe, as posted, with NO sour cream or tomatoes. You can cook Sweet stuffed pepper soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet stuffed pepper soup
- You need 1 pound of ground beef or turkey.
- It’s 1/2 of onion chopped.
- It’s of Sweet peppers diced or any kind of bell peppers.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes, 14 oz with green chili.
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- It’s 3 of bouillon cubes chicken or beef.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt (I used minced garlic).
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayanne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- You need of Hot sauce optional.
- You need of Add some cut jalapeño for more heat.
- You need of Cheese for the top, I used cheddar, but any cheese will work.
- Prepare of Cooked rice.
- Prepare of Any kind of rice will work I use Instant rice, make as much or little as you need.
It is a delightfully different soup that I used as the base for my Tri-Colour Stuffed Pepper Soup. Our Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup Has All The Wonderful Flavors Of Traditional Stuffed Peppers Made In An Easy Crock Pot Soup Recipe! It has that yummy combination of sweet and savory that I'm absolutely crazy about. It's like a delicious bowl of deconstructed stuffed peppers with a delicious broth.
Sweet stuffed pepper soup step by step
- Turn your Instant pot to the saute setting. Or just brown the hamburger on the stove top..
- Brown hamburger meat, then the drain grease, put back in pot add onions and cut peppers, then add dry seasoning, cook till the onions and peppers are to your liking, or soft..
- Place everything else (except the rice) into the instant pot. Stir to combine..
- Then set the pressure to 6 minutes. Quick release when done..
- Make the rice while you are waiting. (I used a rice cooker).
- Stir before serving..
- Spoon into a bowl and top with a spoonful of cooked rice, top it with cheddar cheese.
- Notes- you don’t want to add the rice to the soup mixture, because the rice will just soak it up. If you have any leftovers, put the rice in it’s own Container. I used whatever spices I had on hand and made to taste, measurements I was guessing, and I used some other spices I can’t even remember, use what you have and like… same with the peppers. I had sweet peppers and I needed to do something with them before they went bad, just use what you like, and have on hand..
Look at how hearty this soup is. My husband first tasted stuffed pepper soup in a resturant and we both loved it. I checked allrecipes.com and found this one and feel like I hit a jackpot. It is not only very easy to prepare but it tastes just like we had. Thank you for sharing your recipes.