Sausage and potatoes. A hearty old-style Italian dish, New York City style, has browned chunks of sausage, potatoes, red and green peppers, and onions baking together with wine and seasonings. Oven-Roasted Sausage and Potatoes is an easy and versatile recipe that can be eaten on its own for a weeknight dinner or eaten as a side dish. The slices of sausage make it super filling and onions and red and green bell pepper make it a one pan dish.
Chop the potatoes, onions, and bell peppers. I do not recommend slicing the potatoes into small discs as the longer cooking time may dry them out.; Transfer the prepared vegetables, olive oil, minced garlic, dried herbs, salt, and pepper to a large ziplock bag. Helpful tips for making One Skillet Sausage and Potatoes. You can cook Sausage and potatoes using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage and potatoes
- You need 2 lbs of whole baby potatoes.
- Prepare 16 oz of fully cooked sausage, sliced into 1 inch chunks.
- Prepare 2 of small yellow onions, cut into chunks.
- You need 2 of bell peppers, thickly sliced (any color).
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of broth (I used a 1 1/2 cup because I had more potatoes).
Boil the potatoes until just starting to become fork tender. Larger red potatoes will take longer than smaller ones. Try a good quality chicken sausage without nitrates and added preservatives. Plan ahead and boil the potatoes.
Sausage and potatoes step by step
- Add everything into the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or cook on high for 5 hours. (until potatoes and onions are tender). Serve immediately.
- Notes- I made this in an pressure cooker/instant pot….. I did it on hi for 15 or 20 mins can’t remember, with a quick release..
Sausage and potatoes skillet variation ideas. I mentioned the dijon sauce which goes well with the sausage and potatoes, but another great topping: parmesan cheese. Freshly grated with a microplane is the best!; While we love and I highly recommend the baby gold potatoes, baby reds will work here as well. The shallot delivers a bit more of a sweet and mild flavor, but a yellow onion will also. Oven Roasted Smoked Sausage and Potatoes – an easy sheet pan meal with smoked sausage (my fav), potatoes, and onions – your whole family will love!