Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian). This Slow Cooker Soy Chorizo Chili is a true comfort food, slow-simmered with nutritious veggies, and a thick, hearty, slightly spicy meaty sauce that is sure to be your favorite easy weeknight meal. There are times in your life when you stumble upon a store-bought food so delicious that it requires a recipe dedicated to it. And this Soy Chorizo is just the same – slice into the casing, remove the crumbly chorizo, and discard the plastic casing.
I really love the combination of lentils and soy chorizo. This Vegan Lentil and Chorizo Soup is one of our family's favorite soup recipes! The soy chorizo adds so much depth of flavor. You can cook Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian)
- You need 2 (15 oz) of cans of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of small can green chiles.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can sweet corn.
- Prepare 1 package (8 oz) of Soy Chorizo, removed from the casing.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
Heat oil in medium saucepot over medium-high heat. The soy chorizo packs some PUNCH, you guys. I wanted a meat-free chorizo with textural contrast up the wazoo, and a chorizo that changes texture as you cook it just like its meat-based counterpart. I wanted a chorizo that is tangy, rich, and complex.
Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian) instructions
- Combine all ingredients in your cooking pot of choice (see below) and stir to mix..
- If you're cooking this in a slow cooker, cook it on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours..
- If you're cooking this on a stovetop, let it simmer for 2 hours (stir it occasionally)..
- If you're prepping this ahead of time, mix it all in a large bowl and then package it in single servings and put it into the freezer; then you can take it out and cook it one serving at a time (which is good for those smaller Instant Pots, haha)..
In short, I wanted nothing less than the best darned. Make the beans first, probably soak them overnight or do the quick soak method, and then let them cook with the onion, garlic, and peppers. Great recipe for Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian). This can be easily made on stovetop or in a slow cooker. It can also be made in an Instant Pot if you have one that's large enough. (My Instant Pot is one of the smaller ones, so I don't know what settings to use for this, sorry!) This recipe for Vegan Chili is just the ticket.