Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice). Aloo poha or batata poha recipe with video and step by step photos – we used to simply call this dish pohe. Potato poha used to be quite a regular breakfast recipe at my place. Its a quick, easy and healthy dish to make.
Recipe for aloo poha or batata poha as its called. Makes for an amazing and easy breakfast. Made with thick poha, peanuts and potatoes. You can cook Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice)
- You need 2.5 cups of thick Puffed Rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 2-3 of Potato.
- You need 3 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Raw mango shredded (optional).
- It’s 1 inch of ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3-4 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Urrad dal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Channa dal.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare Leaves of Curry.
- Prepare 3 of cashews.
- It’s 10-15 of Peanuts.
- You need 0.5 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 0.25 tsp of Hing.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of For topping:.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- You need of Sev (optional).
- It’s 0.25 tsp of Aamchur Powder (optional).
- It’s Pinch of chat masala powder(optional).
- It’s of Yogurt (side).
Once the potatoes are fork tender, add in the red chilli powder and the turmeric powder. Aloo Poha or Batata Poha is one of the popular NorthIndian Breakfast dish especially in Gujarat and many parts of Mumbai. Aloo Poha or Potato Poha is a popular breakfast/snack recipe in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Madhya Pradesh. Poha makes a wholesome breakfast or a simple snack, which is made of flattened rice.
Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) step by step
- Soak Poha in water adding a tsp of salt and sugar for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes drain the water..
- Now in a pan take oil + mustard seeds + Urrad dal + Channa dal + curry leaves + cumin seeds. Let it splutter..
- Now add turmeric + Hing + Peanuts + Ginger + chilli to the same pan and sauté for a awhile..
- Now add onion + raw mango and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add potato and keep it in simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt.
- Once it’s cooked, add rinsed Poha and sauté well. Add salt + sugar + lemon + coriander leaves. Keep it in low flame for 5 minutes..
- Now transfer delicious poha to a plate. You can add chopped tomatoes + carrot as topping. Also garnish by adding chaat masala + Aamchur powder + Sev and serve it with curd (yoghurt).
This poha is better known as batata poha, where batata means. Poha Ladoos Poha Ladoos Sweet Poha Kozhukattai Sweet Poha. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you. Cover and simmer till potatoes are cooked. Now increase the heat and roast the potatoes till it gets golden.