Naked fish tacos. Well, these are the end-all be-all. Read on to see what makes these tacos so special. The fish—we use cod, but any flaky variety works—marinates in a mixture of lime juice.
To assemble: start with the fish then add remaining ingredients finishing off with a generous sprinkle of cotija cheese and finally that awesome taco sauce! Nutrition Facts for Easy Fish Tacos The tilapia is lightly pan-seared, rather than breaded and deep-fried, making these fish tacos a healthier alternative to many of their restaurant counterparts. Grilled Fish Tacos with the most amazing fish taco sauce is a quick and easy dinner to add to your menu this week. You can cook Naked fish tacos using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Naked fish tacos
- Prepare 1 cup of coleslaw mix.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of green onion sliced 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeño pepper.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of canola oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoons of salt divided.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoons of pepper divided.
- Prepare 2 of tilapia fillets 6 oz each.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium ripe avocado peeled and sliced.
Deliciously seasoned grilled fish topped with fresh ingredients and a zesty lime crema for an easy weeknight dinner that you will make again and again. Best fish for fish tacos: Here I used wild cod fish fillets, but any flaky white fish can be used here. Try snapper or mahi mahi fillets. How to cook cod for fish tacos.
Naked fish tacos step by step
- Place first four ingredients in a bowl toss with 2 teaspoons oil lime juice cumin 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper refrigerate until serving.
- Pat fillets dry with paper towel sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet heat remaining oil over medium high heat. Cook tilapia until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork 3 to 4 minutes per side. Top with slaw and avocado..
Since there's no breading, I find the fastest and easiest way to cook the cod for fish tacos is in a skillet so you get a little char. I'm sharing my favorite recipe for easy fish tacos. They're delicious, full of all the creamy, crunchy fresh ingredients you could ask for with lots of perfectly seasoned baked fish in every bite. While the fish is in the oven, taste the cabbage for seasoning and adjust, if needed. Remove the fish and tortillas from the oven.