Smoked bbq baked beans. Use your favorite wood for smoke flavor. Drain the pork & beans and pour into an aluminum pan. Baked beans are a BBQ side dish staple.
Or even better, cook the beans ON your smoker or grill to get the most natural smoke infusion. What beans to use for BBQ Baked Beans. I like a combination of three different kinds of beans — kidney, white (great northern beans to be specific), and pinto. You can have Smoked bbq baked beans using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked bbq baked beans
- You need 2 lbs of Navy beans.
- Prepare of Water to cook beans 6 cups or more.
- Prepare of Favorite bbq sauce.
- It’s to taste of Brown sugar.
- You need to taste of Yellow mustard.
- Prepare Half of a red onion diced.
- It’s of Bacon or leftover ham optional.
- Prepare to taste of Minced garlic.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste and an other seasoning you like.
- Prepare to taste of Hot sauce of choice.
- Prepare of Aluminum throwaway pan.
- It’s of Wood chips of choice.
- You need of Water for pan in smoker.
But black beans work well too. Stir in the beans, sugar, molasses, barbecue sauce, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, mustards, vinegar, and liquid smoke. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the drained baked beans into the skillet, and add the bacon, bbq sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, mustard and pepper.
Smoked bbq baked beans step by step
- Presoak beans in a quick soak or overnight follow bag instructions.
- Cook beans to package instructions. I did a quick soak and did everything in a pressure cooker/ instant pot. I covered my beans with water little over 6 cups, cooked on low for 3 mins with a natural release of ten mins… then quick release..
- Drained water from cooked beans. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add some oil to just cover the bottom and brown the diced onion, and right before it’s done add in the minced garlic, and ham / bacon. I used leftover Easter ham and use my food processor, or can leave in bits sizes chunks… bacon- if using bacon cut it in small chunks before frying with onions. Set aside.
- In a big bowl add in all the wet ingredients and spices, brown sugar… mix, then add in the onion mixture, mix up some more, then carefully fold in cooked beans, (at this point this can be done lol or just popped in the oven to heat up if you don’t have a smoker or didn’t want to smoke them, beans are already fully cooked.).
- Spray Aluminum pan with cooking spray. Pour beans into pan..
- Set up smoker. I use an Electric smoker. I put my food in turn on high till it starts to smoke and then go to med heat. And replace wood chips as needed. I let this go for about 4 hrs checking on them from time to time. Cooking times just depends on how you want your bbq bake beans. I just taste test,and pull them out to my liking. This can go for just 2 hrs or all day.. the choice is yours….
Place pan in the smoker, and slow cook for several hours until excess liquid is evaporated, beans are bubbly and cooked through. Once you make homemade baked beans in the EGG, you will never again settle for just opening a can of beans off the shelf. Cannellini beans (Italian white beans) are blended with applewood-smoked bacon in a rich, smoky sauce that's near perfection. Serve these with Barbecued Beef Ribs or a Shredded Pork Sandwich with Fennel Slaw. How to make Jack Daniels BBQ Baked Beans recipe.