Chili Mac and cheese. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Start the usual way – sautéing garlic and onion to create the flavour base – add the beef, the spices and everything else. Stir in tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin.
In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Leftovers can be kept refrigerated for about a week. Reheat individual portions in the microwave, or larger amounts in a low oven. You can cook Chili Mac and cheese using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chili Mac and cheese
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (85% lean).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- It’s 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt, divided.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of water.
Chili Mac and Cheese with beans is the ultimate mash up of TWO favourites — Chili PLUS Mac and Cheese! Incredible flavours that the whole family will go crazy for! This One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is two great comfort foods all in one! This dish is perfect in many ways.
Chili Mac and cheese step by step
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and add ground beef and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir often until all the beef is browned. Should take about 5 minutes. Press cancel and drain fat..
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt on top of the browned meat. Then add macaroni on top (don’t stir). Add 3 1/2 cups water and make sure all macaroni is submerged. Add cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes right on top in the center. Do not stir!.
- Secure lid, make sure vent is set to sealing and pressure cook (“manual” on some Instant Pots) on high for 4 minutes. When timer is complete, quick release the pressure..
- Remove lid and stir contents well. Everything will begin to thicken. Add 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese and stir it in so it melts into the sauce..
- Serve with additional shredded cheese on top and enjoy!.
- Notes- you don’t need a instant pot to make this. For stove top cook noodles separate, and add it to the meat sauce, you won’t need the water, can use 2 cans of tomato sauce instead..
- I end up using the whole box of pasta, and I used 15 oz of tomato sauce, it did take more water to cover my pasta.
Green Chile Macaroni and Cheese is the perfect way to kick up your favorite comfort food dish. Made with green chili salsa verde and homemade macaroni and cheese, this Green Chile Macaroni and Cheese will be your new favorite way to treat yourself to mac and cheese. Stir in tomatoes, tomatoes and green chiles, tomato sauce and seasonings. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture. Comfort food lovers will appreciate the epic combo of meaty chili, pasta, and lots of gooey cheese.