Chinese Donuts. Randomly last week I had a strong craving for Chinese doughnuts, the ones that seem to be in the dessert section of every Chinese-American buffet. I have no idea just how traditional or authentic these are to actual Chinese culture, but it was the only reason my brother and I were willing to make so many family trips to Chinese buffets as kids. Youtiao, is a long golden-brown deep-fried strip of dough commonly eaten in China and (by a variety of other names) in other East and Southeast Asian cuisines.
Chinese doughnut stick (Youtiao, 油条) A comforting breakfast staple loved by many, Chinese doughnut sticks (Youtiao) are light, airy and pleasantly chewy. Follow my recipe to make it at home without fail. Chinese Buffets are known for a standard set of dishes. You can cook Chinese Donuts using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Donuts
- You need 1 can of Refrigerated dough. I used a can of pillsbury buttermilk biscuits..
- Prepare 1 cup of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of Oil to fry in.
- Prepare 1 of When I go to the chinese place by my house and order chinese donuts they open a can of biscuits, fry them whole and toss in sugar for $ 5. I can make 4 times that for about $ 3.
You are always going to see fried rice, Sweet and Sour Chicken, and even a great seafood bake. For some reason, often by the fried wontons, you are going to find these donuts. These Asian Buffet Style Donuts are ridiculously easy to make. I'd be embarrassed to share the recipe with you if it weren't so darn good.
Chinese Donuts instructions
- Heat your oil in a pot just over medium..
- Cut up each biscuit, cut into thirds then each third in half..
- Drop carefully into oil. After 30 second or so mix to flip with a metal slotted spoon..
- When they're as dark as you'd like, remove with the slotted spoon letting excess oil drain off the spoon before putting into sugar..
- Toss in the sugar and place on a plate with a paper towel on it..
Some oil for frying; A can of refrigerated biscuit dough; Sugar This Chinese Restaurant Doughnut recipe is the exact same recipe the local Chinese restaurant uses. When you find out how easy they are to make you'll be whipping these Chinese Doughnuts up all the time! Recipe The newly made donuts are the most attractive. It has tastes crispy skin and a soft heart. Of course, the donuts must be accompanied by a sweet decoration called donuts.