Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger. Satisfying and full of umami flavor, these Vegan Mushroom-Barley Burgers are versatile and easy to make. They can be baked for an oil-free version or pan-seared in oil for a meaty, charred exterior. You can even pre-cook the burgers and take them to your next cookout.
Mushroom Barley Burger with Sri Racha Miso Mayo. Oh-My-Gawd these babies are insanely delicious! I used to think vegan burgers were bland and unsatisfying until I ordered one from Bark Hot Dogs, a little fast food joint a few blocks away from our apartment. You can have Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger
- Prepare 2 cups of minced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of minced red onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of minced parsley.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cooked pearl barley.
- You need 2 tablespoons of miso paste.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
He also hosts the cooking show Vegetarian Tonight; see below for the episode featuring the mushroom burger with barley, which Volger cooks while clad in a neatly arranged apron and hipster glasses. Lukas Volger, author of Veggie Burgers Every Which Way and Vegetarian Entrees that Won't Leave You Hungry, shows how to make his easy, flavor-packed "Mushroom Burgers with Barley" using a recipe. Arrange in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. So much better than Boca or any variety of Gardenburgers (and especially better than the mushroom lover's burger).
Vegan Mushroom Barley Burger instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 while you prep ingredients..
- Mix ingredients, form into burgers, and place on generously sprayed baking sheet..
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400, then finish on a hot skillet in vegan butter to get that seared crust..
- Dress with your favorite burger accoutrements..
They have a wonderful meaty flavor that rivals any veggie burger I've ever ordered at a restaurant too. This vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free mushroom burger recipe may just surprise you with how tasty it is. While mushrooms provide plenty of flavor and texture, the addition of pinto beans makes this veggie burger recipe high in fiber and protein too. Delicious pan-seared or baked (oil-free option). There is something to simple yet complex when it comes to mushrooms.