Broccoli and Rice. My mom and husband are veteran broccoli rice casserole lovers and thought this dish was exactly like it should be. It is a bland dish but that's what broccoli rice casseroles are. The only alteration I made was using milk instead of water and it turned out exactly as it should have.
The reason I like it like this is the same reason you want to serve a cheese on a cheese board at room temperature rather than cold. Broccoli Cauliflower "Rice" is an easy side. While it's made fairly quickly, it does require that the cauliflower be grated (either by hand or in a food processor) to get that fine rice texture. You can cook Broccoli and Rice using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Rice
- Prepare 1 pound of broccoli.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of smoked sausage beef.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt.
- It’s 1 cup of instant rice.
BUT, it can be chopped on a cutting board and be a made chunky, too. It will taste the same, just look less like rice. Lighten it up: To lighten this up a little bit you can use light cheese and lowfat milk with great results. We've also subbed in brown rice or quinoa (or even Cauliflower Rice) with amazing results.; Add protein: We very often add in chicken to make a chicken and rice casserole (the perfect way to enjoy your leftover baked chicken breasts).
Broccoli and Rice step by step
- Cook the broccoli in water, salt, and garlic. Remove casing from sausage and slice the sausage and add..
- Simmer 15 minutes then add the butter..
- Simmer 5 minutes then add the rice and stir in. Simmer 3 minutes cover, and remove from heat..
- Serve, after 10 minutes covered. I hope you enjoy.
Bring broth and butter to a boil. Add rice and stir to combine. Add bell pepper and chopped, defrosted, drained broccoli. Is this is the 'original' Broccoli Rice Casserole recipe, which might have been on the back of a Campbell soup can many years ago? My grandmother used to make it when I was a kid, and it was SO delici ous!