Pulled Pork. Check Out Our Recipes To Up The Flavor Of Your Favorite Dish. Foraging On Open Pasture, Heritage Breed Pork Is Incredibly Flavorful. We Give You Pork The Way It's Meant To Taste.
Here are seven ways to go! Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork "Slow-cooked Texas-style pulled pork that is served on a buttered and toasted roll. My family's favorite." – cmccreight Discover delicious and easy-to-prepare recipes for authentic barbecued pulled pork from the expert chefs at Food Network. You can cook Pulled Pork using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pulled Pork
- Prepare 4 lbs of pork butt or shoulder.
- Prepare 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of apple juice.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 2 cups of or so Bbq sauce of your choice.
Wrap the pork in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or preferably overnight. Place the pork in a large pot on a bed of the onion halves. Texas-style pulled pork simmers in a tangy chili-seasoned barbecue sauce with plenty of onion, then pulled into tender shreds to serve on a buttered, toasted bun. Trim excess fat from pork and cut into large pieces to fit in a large Dutch oven.
Pulled Pork step by step
- Trim fat from pork roast. Cut roast into 4 pieces..
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk together. Add pork roast chunks to bowl and make sure well coated..
- Add pork loin in a 4 – 6 quart crock pot or instant pot pressure cooker and pour in apple juice, Worcester and liquid smoke..
- Cover and cook in crock pot until fall apart tender – low 8 to 10 hours, high 5-6 hours. In the instant pot make sure lid is not venting, set manual cook for 45 minutes. Open steam vent at end if cook time, remove lid when safe..
- Remove pork to a large bowl and shred with 2 forks. Add your favorite BBQ sauce as desired. Or use the juice from crock pot – it’s loaded with awesome flavor!.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder. For the best pulled pork, try Alton Brown's recipe from Good Eats on Food Network. The meat gets a molasses brine and a flavorful spice rub for maximum results. Pulled pork is perfect for the slow cooker. Cooking the pork low and very slow is the secret to the juiciest and most tender pulled pork.