Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats. Rice Krispies treats are often seen as something just for kids, but this version—made sultry with bourbon and browned butter—is one that's very, respectably adult, dare we say sophisticated. The kicker is a generous splash of bourbon into the treats themselves—and, yes, we do recommend serving with a glass of bourbon. How To Make Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Krispie Treats (Rice Whiskey Treats) These rice krispie treats couldn't be easier to make!
Letting John Travolta and Olivia Newton John serenade the dish may also work. Measure out your marshmallows and Rice Krispies in advance. Melted butter-bourbon-marshmallow goo is not something to let linger. You can have Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats
- You need 6 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 tbs of bourdon.
- Prepare 10 oz of miniature mash mallows.
- It’s 6 cups of crispy rice cereal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need Pinch of salt to dust top.
Thoroughly grease a baking sheet with softened butter. Add the butter to a large pot set over medium heat. Allow it to melt and bubble up, swirling the pot to keep it moving around, until the. Better Than Mom's Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats!
Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats step by step
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat,until golden brown and has a nutty aroma,about 5 minutes.add marshmallows to browned butter,reduce heat to medium-low,and cook, stirring occasionally until marshmallows are melted, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir bourbon and 1 teaspoon sea salt into marshmallow mixture and remove sauce pan from heat add rice cereal to marshmallow mixture and mix until cereal is evenly coated with marshmallow mixture transfer to a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over rice cereal mixture and press into dish remove parchment paper and sprinkle flakes of sea salt over the top cool treats to room temperature at least 30 minutes.
It's true, promise, these rice krispie treats are like no other. Made with salted browned butter (KEY), double the marshmallows (homemade, to be exact), a touch of vanilla, and brown rice krispies. Turn off the burner, add the bourbon and vanilla, and turn the burner back on low long enough to stir the mixture together. Melt the butter (save the wrappers for pressing the rice krispie treats into the pan) in a large pot over medium-high heat. I am always down to make rice krispies.