Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix). Melt. box powdered sugar over mix. Turn over several times lightly to coat. Melt chocolate in microwave, approximately. a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
Ever since I can remember my mother made Texas Trash/Party Mix. I know she found the original recipe on the box of Chex Cereal as I have used it also. It was a snack we all enjoyed year round but especially during the holidays. You can have Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix)
- It’s 1 of preheated oven 225 degree.
- Prepare 1 of roasting pan.
- Prepare 2 cup of Corn Chex Cereal.
- You need 2 cup of Rice Chex Cereal.
- It’s 1 cup of Goldfish Crackers.
- Prepare 1 cup of Pretzel Sticks.
- Prepare 1 cup of Pecan Halves.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cashew Halves.
- Prepare 1 cup of garlic roasted rye chips.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter (1 stick).
- It’s 2 of Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1 of tablespoon red pepper hot sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Seasoning Sat.
She always made it as directed and I would pick out the chex cereals. A sweet holiday snack mix finished with a dusting of powdered sugar and inspired by a winter snow day. Chex™ cereal, marshmallows and pretzel twists are coated in vanilla almond bark and sprinkles and tossed with holiday-colored chocolate candies. A BIG, BOLD FLAVOR just like the State of Texas!
Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix) step by step
- Add first seven ingredients in a roasting pan, and set aside..
- Over low heat melt butter, add Worcestershire sauce, red hot sauce and remaining four spices until just incorporated..
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir to combine well. Bake mixture at 225°F for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Don't forget to stir..
- Have fun with this. Add any dry ingredient you like. Just keep an eye on it while its baking. You can make this as sweet tasting or spicy as you want. Enjoy.
This can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled successfully. You can also add other ingredients, just keep the proportion of spicy butter to the dry ingredients the same as in the recipe. My family loves this Spicy Holiday Chex Mix; we have been enjoying it for many holidays over the years. This delicious baked savory snack is made with wholegrain cereals and antioxidant rich nuts. Four different breakfast cereals are used in this mix: Chex wheat, corn, rice, and multigrain Cheerios.