Asian-Style Nut Cookies. Great recipe for Asian-Style Nut Cookies. While I often receive these as travel souvenirs, I thought I might be able to bake them myself. That's why I started toying with various recipes to come up with this simple one!
To make the pretty layered cookies, you'll bake three thin cakes, spread jam between them and coat with smooth melted chocolate. Italian Grandma Makes Biscotti with Nuts & Dried Fruit. Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together into a bowl. You can have Asian-Style Nut Cookies using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian-Style Nut Cookies
- It’s of Cookie dough.
- Prepare 70 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 20 grams of Margarine or butter.
- You need 20 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 of Egg.
- It’s of Nut filling.
- Prepare 70 grams of ★ Mixed nuts.
- Prepare 30 grams of ★ Your choice of dried fruit.
- You need 10 grams of Ground sesame seeds or roasted sesame seeds.
- It’s 10 grams of Coarse glutinous rice flour.
- Prepare 1 of joshinko, kambaiko , or any other rice flour of your choice Or, if unavailable, use….
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 dash of Cinnamon (optional).
- Prepare of Egg wash.
- It’s 1 of Beaten egg.
Cut in the lard until mixture resembles cornmeal. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. Malaysian style coconut cookies that melt in your mouth. Coconut flakes are dry fried, and mixed in the dough for that wonderful flavor..
Asian-Style Nut Cookies step by step
- For the nut filling: Mince the ★ ingredients. Combine all of the ingredients listed under "nut filling" in a bowl, and knead them until they come together into a ball. Adjust the amount of water depending on the consistency..
- For the cookie dough: Put the margarine and sugar into a bowl and cream together. When the mixture turns white, add the beaten egg a little at a time, in several batches..
- Add the cake flour to the mixture from Step 2, then briskly mix with a rubber spatula. Roll the dough out to a 5 mm thickness. Make two sheets of dough to fit the pound cake mold..
- Line the mold with plastic wrap or parchment paper..
- Fill the mold first with a layer of dough, then a layer of nut filling, then a layer of dough, making sure to press firmly after each layer to fill in any gaps. Press down on the top for good measure..
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Remove the mold from the refrigerator and release the cookie and lining from the mold. Brush an egg wash on top of the cookie dough..
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes. Cool, then cut and serve..
- I made high-fiber cookies with 40 g cake flour, 10 g whole wheat flour, 20 g okara, 20 g prunes, and 10 g orange peel. They're delightful..
Don't forget to check my other delicious Malaysian cookies like pineapple tart, almond london, milky arab cookies, cashew nut cookies and half moon cookies. Learn how to make Sweet and Spicy Asian Nuts. This dessert is lighter than expected and is delicious served with a caramel sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds. Healthy recipes with Asian influences, from stir fries to Thai curries to sushi bowls! These recipes tend to include tofu, cilantro, sriracha, tamari (soy sauce) and lots of vegetables.