Greek Salad. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese (usually served as a slice on top of the other ingredients), and olives (typically Kalamata olives) and dressed with salt. This Greek salad is a healthy vegetable packed appetizer drizzled with a homemade red wine vinegar dressing. Each serving contains creamy feta cheese, kalamata olives, tomatoes, bell peppers.
She begins by making homemade vinaigrette, which includes. This easy Greek salad recipe is refreshing & delicious! Made with cucumber, tomatoes, olives This easy Greek salad recipe is our new favorite summer side dish! You can cook Greek Salad using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Salad
- It’s 2 oz of feta cheese, crumbled.
- You need 1/4 c of fresh dill, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 c of olive oil.
- You need 2 T of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare of juice of one lemon.
- You need 1-1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of salt, plus more to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper, plus more to taste.
- You need 1 of cucumber, halved and sliced.
- It’s 1 of large green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 pint of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion, halved and sliced, soaked in ice water 15 min. and drained.
- Prepare 1/3 c of black olives.
- You need 12 of pepperoncini, optional.
Traditional Greek Salad recipe or just perfection in simplicity! Take your taste buds to the refreshing flavours of the Mediterranean with every bite of this colourful Greek salad! Fresh Greek Salad is a must try! So healthy with cucumber, tomato, avocado, olives and feta.
Greek Salad step by step
- In large bowl, whisk together feta, dill, oil, vinegar, juice, oregano, salt and pepper..
- Stir in cucumbers, green peppers, tomatoes, onion and pepperoni. Serve immediately..
Fresh Greek Salad is a must-try and one of the healthiest salad recipes! This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement. A big Greek Salad has to be one of those salads that when I start craving it, there is just no way Luckily for me, Greek salads couldn't be any easier to make and are quicker to make than they are to. A bright, fresh, classic Greek Salad recipe with a homemade Greek Salad Dressing.