Crawfish soup. We don't all have time to spend an afternoon stuffing crawfish heads for a traditional crawfish bisque, but on the cooler days of crawfish season there are few things more satisfying than a creamy crawfish soup. Here, we came up with a version that is full of flavor, but. Add onions, and cook until wilted.
Reduce the heat to medium, and add the onion, green pepper, red pepper, celery. and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion is transparent, and the peppers are soft. Add the crawfish, and cook until the liquid evaporates, and the crawfish begin to brown. You can have Crawfish soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crawfish soup
- You need 1 pk of large jumbo shrimp shell on or off(devein).
- You need 1 pk of crawfish (1lb).
- Prepare 1 pk of coconut milk or can cream optional.
- You need 1 pk of flavored soup mix (I used grace cock soup).
- You need 1 of small pumpkin or calabaza.
- You need 3 of large white potatoes diced.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of large carrot diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of paprika (1 to season shrimp).
- Prepare 2 sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 stalk of escallion or green onion.
Remove the contents of the pot, and set aside. I just invented this tonight, after getting stuck with a couple of pounds of crawfish from a crawfish boil. It's so good I wanted to hop around the kitchen singing. This recipe is for crawfish boil leftovers; it won't be the same otherwise.
Crawfish soup step by step
- Season your shrimp and crawfish with paprika, salt, pepper.
- In your soup pot 😀 add 1 tsp oil and cook shrimp for 1min on each side. Then remove and set aside. Add crawfish and cook for 2mins on each side or until turn red..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and 2 cup of water to the crawfish and bring to a boil. Then add diced carrots and pumpkin. Cover until the liquid comes to a boil and the pumpkin is soft..
- Once the pumpkins are cooked remove them and crush em and then put them back to the pot. (This is optional) Then add your potatoes, salt, coconut milk,cayenne pepper, jamaican pepper, black pepper,oregano, flavoured soup mix, shrimp and stir. Cover and let cook for 20mins or until the potatoes are soft/cooked..
You'll need two pounds of whole crawfish plus the corn, potatoes, etc, that were boiled with them. (My two-pound package contained two short corns on the. Winter is approaching, bringing with it colder weather. See how to make a comforting, warming winter cajun meal. Crawfish and Corn Soup – This soup is a staple dish in many New Orleans restaurants. If you do not like it spicy do not use the Creole seasoning or crab boil, just add more salt and pepper.