Vegan cabbage roll. The zucchini is a fun change of pace stuffed inside these vegetarian cabbage rolls. Sauce: Heat a large non-stick pan and add the onions and a pinch of baking soda. Get ready to cook the cabbage rolls.
If not, additional steaming will help Spoon lentil mixture into softened cabbage leaves and roll tightly. Fold the bottom half of cabbage over the filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly. Transfer cabbage rolls seam side down on a plate. You can have Vegan cabbage roll using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan cabbage roll
- You need 1 of small cabbage/ half big cabbage.
- It’s 2 spoons of vegan butter/olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Fillings.
- Prepare 1,5 cup of rice.
- It’s 50 gr of frozen mushroom (any kind).
- Prepare 2 slices of bread (without crust).
- It’s 2 spoons of soy milk.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of dice of vegetable broth (knorr).
- It’s 2 spoons of olive oil.
- You need of Oregano.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 12 spoons of canned tomato sauce/soup.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/3 glass of cooking white wine.
- You need 2 spoons of olive oil.
These stuffed vegan cabbage rolls are made with tender leaves of steamed cabbage wrapped around a savory, smoky mixture of quinoa and lentils, baked up in tomato sauce until piping hot. Keyword healthy stuffed cabbage, vegan stuffed cabbage. Vegan Cabbage Rolls Recipe is a special comfort food. Steamed cabbage becomes the perfect holder for a flavorful mushroom, lentils and rice mix.
Vegan cabbage roll step by step
- Prepare 18 sheets of cabbage leaves. Wash well with running water..
- Boil water and put a pinch of salt. When the water is boiled, put cabbage leaves for 4 minutes and take out from the water..
- Cut bread into small pieces and soften it with 3 spoon of soy milk. Crush and mix well. Cut 1 clove of garlic into small pieces and mix with the bread.
- Boil 1.5 cups of rice with 3 cups of water. Put 1 dice of vegetable broth dice. close with the lid for 10 mins. Tips: quick mix the rice when the dice is melted and close again with the lid..
- After 10 mins, put olive oil, mushrooms, and bread mixture. Add 1 glass of water if it is too much dry. Mix with the rice and close the lid. It will be ready after 5 mins with medium high heat..
- Put the filling into the cabbage leaves. Fill all 18 leaves. Tips: use a toothpick to seal the roll if you find it difficult to close..
- Melt butter on the pan. Once melted, put all cabbage roll on the pan. Close with a lid. Leave for 5-7 minutes with medium heat..
- On another pan, heat olive oil and 1 clove of garlic. Once you smell the garlic, put 12 spoons of tomato sauce/soup and 1/3 glass of white wine. Leave for 10 mins..
- Serve cabbage roll with the tomato sauce and enjoy your vegan cabbage roll!.
Repeat until the whole cabbage is done. Only use the biggest, best leaves. Mix together all ingredients for the rolls and add ½ C of the sauce mixture to help bind. Place an amount of the mixture proportionate to the leaf in the center. Roll, tucking in the ends like an egg roll.