Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts. This versatile stuffed chicken breast dish is easy enough for a weeknight supper but elegant enough for company. Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr. Feta cheese, roasted peppers, spinach and more flavors from the Mediterranean fill these easy stuffed chicken breasts.
Now I serve it with rice pilaf and a salad. —Amanda Rochette, Watertown, Massachusetts. I used these chicken breasts to make mediterranean inspired chicken rice bowls, which I will be posting in the next few days. Pierce chicken with fork several times and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can cook Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 cup of white mushrooms finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of black olives finely diced.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of dry oregano.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare of fresh basil leafs.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of goat cheese (I've used spreadable type, black pepper seasonned).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
Our Mediterranean chicken is stuffed with nutritious and tasty ingredients like kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes, and it's easy to prepare. Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe: This versatile dish is easy enough for a weeknight supper but elegant enough for company. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. These stuffed chicken breasts may seem complicated, but in reality, couldn't be simpler.
Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts step by step
- Preheat oven at 400°..
- In a bowl, mix mushrooms with sun dried tomatoes, black olives, garlic powder and oregano, reserve..
- In an other bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar, reserve..
- Cut chicken breasts length wise to make pocket, reserve..
- Spread goat cheese inside each chicken breast, on both sides..
- Cover inside of chicken breasts with fresh basil leafs, as needed..
- Fill in pocket with mushroom mix..
- Close pocket with toothpicks..
- Brush top and bottom of chicken breasts with oil and vinegar mix..
- Put on baking sheet covered with parchemin paper and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Broil for couple of minutes..
- Serve with side salad and hot bread or any sidedish you want..
Serve with cauliflower rice or your favorite vegetable. Fill each with the olive mixture. Lay the chicken breasts in your crockpot and brush with the oil. These Mediterranean-style stuffed chicken breasts, which are filled with a mixture of cream cheese, bacon, bread crumbs, almonds, olives, and thyme, are an easy, healthy-ish main that's simple enough for a weeknight, but still feel (and taste!) quite special. How to Make Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast with Couscous.