Spaghetti Squash and Shrimp. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Cut the squash in half lengthwise from stem to tail and scrape out the seeds. Spaghetti squash is a favorite ingredient for those seeking a lower-carb, gluten-free alternative to pasta.
This Lemon and Herb Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Shrimp is a lighter taken on shrimp scampi that is quick and easy, healthy and full of so much flavor! One of my favorite pasta dishes to order is shrimp scampi so I thought it'd be fun to make something similar using spaghetti squash! Scoop out seeds from squash and discard. You can cook Spaghetti Squash and Shrimp using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash and Shrimp
- You need 2 of large spaghetti Squash.
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of fresh shrimp or 2 12 oz bags frozen raw shrimp thawed.
- It’s 4-5 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 5-6 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of (or to your liking) Badia sazon complete seasoning.
With a fork, scrape flesh into a large bowl. Spaghetti squash is a great substitute for pasta and tastes terrific with the shrimp. I also love that you can serve the whole meal in the spaghetti squash shell, it makes for a fun presentation! Let's get back to the shrimp and the uber flavorful sauce that it's served in.
Spaghetti Squash and Shrimp step by step
- Cut squash and scrape out insides..
- Place squash with 1 cup water in instant pot for 6 minutes then quick release or can bake at 350 with 1 cup water until done..
- While squash is cooking sauté the garlic in butter. When it becomes fragrant add rest of the ingredients. Sauté until shrimp is done..
- Add squash to the shrimp and enjoy!.
Paleo Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi Recipe This spaghetti squash shrimp scampi recipe is healthy, delicious, low carb and EASY! Shred the flesh of the squash and discard the skin. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Shrimp is a great protein to enjoy on a diet due to a quick cooking time and it is an easy, healthy way to cook with classic flavors and bold ingredients. A super-simple, light and healthy seasoning of oil, miso, red curry paste, and soy sauce gives a sweet-spicy kick to the shrimp.