[Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts. Spray a donut pan and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together maple syrup, apple cider, apple sauce, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest. These Apple Cider Donuts are perfect for fall or any time of the year for that matter. The key to all the fall flavor is reducing the cider! You can have [Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts
- It’s 1 cup of apple cider.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of finely diced apple.
- You need 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 of flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxmeal + 3 tablespoons water).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsweetened Almond milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need Pinch of ground cloves.
- Prepare of For a cinnamon & sugar topping:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
Apple Cider gets cooked for a bit to concentrate all that amazing flavor of apples and spices. This recipe combines apple cider, apple sauce and even apple cider vinegar and fall spices for a donut that is filled with apple flavour. Most apple cider doughnuts are a little light on flavor to put it bluntly. This is because apples tend to be notoriously bland when baked in cakes.
[Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts instructions
- To a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the apple cider and apples. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2/3 cup total, about 10 minutes..
- Pour the apple mixture into a medium, heat-proof mixing bowl and add the coconut oil to help it melt. Cool until lukewarm, about 20 minutes..
- About 5 minutes before proceeding with the doughnut batter, make the flax egg and preheat the oven. To make the flax egg, mix the flaxmeal and water in a small bowl. It will need to sit for 5-10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a doughnut pan by spraying with nonstick spray, an oil mister, or lightly greasing the cups with coconut oil. Set aside..
- When the apple mixture has cooled enough to proceed, add the flax egg, brown sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine..
- To a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Stir with a whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir again, just until combined..
- Spoon the batter into the cups of the doughnut pan, or scoop the batter into a gallon-size zipper bag, snip off the end, and pipe it into the pan. Fill the cups 2/3 full, dividing the batter evenly between all the cups..
- Bake until the tops spring back when you poke them, 10-12 minutes..
- Remove from oven. Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then carefully transfer the doughnuts to a wire rack. But don’t walk away just yet! You’ll want to dip the doughnuts in the cinnamon-sugar mix while they’re still warm. Mix together the cinnamon-sugar topping by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a large zipper bag. One by one, gently place the still-warm doughnuts in the bag with the cinnamon sugar and very carefully toss the doughnut in the sugar mix until coated. Place back on the wire rack..
- Donuts keep well at room temperature in a semi-airtight container for 2-3 days (I store them in a glass cookie jar.).
In this vegan Apple Cider Doughnut recipe I utilize both apple cider and apple butter to pump up the apple flavor to delectable levels. Add the almond milk, apple cider, melted coconut oil or vegan butter , vanilla extract and whisk smooth Add the flax paste whisk smooth and then add sifted flour, salt & baking soda and whisk smooth. Transfer batter to a pastry bag and pipe half way to the top into each of the cavities of a lightly greased Donut Pan. Vegan Gluten-Free Apple Cider Baked Donuts. These gluten-free vegan apple cider donuts taste just like FALL!