House Fried Rice. Cook rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking, heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in sesame oil and stir in onion.
I am always trying to raise the bar on fried rice recipes. This one reminds me of some Vietnamese versions and has a hint of sweetness both from the lup cheong and the ketjap manis. With char siu it will taste more distinctively Chinese. You can have House Fried Rice using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of House Fried Rice
- It’s of Cooked overnight white rice.
- It’s of Medium sized prawns.
- You need of Chinese sausage or BBQ Pork Char Siew.
- You need slices of Fish cake.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare of Carrots dized.
- It’s of Long beans dized.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- It’s of Minced shallots.
- Prepare of Spring onion chopped.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of chicken stock powder.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
House special fried rice is a popular rice dish consisting of generous portions of shrimps, beef, and chicken along with the eggs and vegetables. Although the same basic stir-frying on high heat is employed, it requires a little more involved cooking process to turn from good to ultra special. This comes from the Peking House restaurant in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Easily adaptable to what you have on hand, including any meat you like, or use tofu.
House Fried Rice step by step
- Prepare cooked overnight white rice. Best to use long grain basmathi rice, non starchy and make sure its dry..
- Lightly cook some prawns with sesame oil, garlic and shallots till aroma or half cooked. You can clean the prawns first with salt and baking soda with shells removed..
- Stir fry the Chinese sausage, fish slices, long beans, carrot and set aside..
- Heat up wok with 3 tbsp of peanut oil. Add in the eggs and lightly stir around till the eggs 80% coooked and add on the rice. Mix the rice and eggs to make sure the eggs coat with the rice. Use medium fire..
- Add in the rest of the vege and meat. Toss around make sure the rice wont stick together and the ingredients all spread out. Add in all seasonings and stir some more..
- Fry all the ingredients and rice till the rice dried a bit and jump on the surface of the wok. Add in some chopped spring onions and mix for around 1 minute and serve..
The cook times are approximate since none were given. It cooks fast, though, if you are using all leftover rice, eggs, and meat, which this recipe assumes. If you have to cook the meat, scramble eggs, etc. then it will take longer. You can use Asian short or long grain rice, whichever you prefer. I like to use Basmati or Japanese short grain rice because that's what I have in my pantry most of the time.