Paleo Lasagna. Made with zucchini noodles, cashew cheese and a rich meat sauce. To make this a true Paleo zucchini lasagna, you have to avoid cheese. Since the cheese is a big part of the flavor and texture of lasagna, that presents quite a challenge.
I used my semi-homemade Paleo Meat Sauce to make the sauce for this Paleo Lasagna and I was inspired by this recipe for my Walnut "cheese" sauce. Let me know if you are a convert too and love this lasagna as much as my family did. Not only is "The Best Paleo Lasagna" delicious in its own right, it has the flavor, texture, and overall essence of traditional meat lasagna. You can have Paleo Lasagna using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paleo Lasagna
- Prepare of 1st Layer.
- You need 1 lb of Zucchini shredded.
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut flour.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Sea salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Meat Layer.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Onion.
- It’s 1 lb of Mild ground Italian sausage.
- You need 1 lb of Hot ground Italian sausage.
- You need 1 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 1 can of Stewed tomatoes diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of Cheese Layer.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 1/4 of Shredded Parmesan.
Paleo dieters, you're welcome. *wink* More Fun Paleo Recipes. Paleo Pancakes Missing lasagna because nightshades are off the menu? This AIP compliant paleo lasagna takes our faux-mato sauce and pairs it with plenty of protein and zucchini noodles. While the autoimmune protocol isn't easy , a break from pro-inflammatory foods allows many folks to reclaim their health.
Paleo Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Shred fresh zucchini..
- Place shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen tea towel. (Don't use a terry-cloth towel unless you like lint in your food!) Wrap the towel around the zucchini and squeeze by twisting the towel. Be sure to stand over the sink! This removes the excess moisture from the zucchini..
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients for the first layer and mix well. I like using my dough hook even though this will not be a true dough. A fork or your hands will do just fine..
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions and saute until translucent..
- Add sausage and garlic. Stir until browned..
- Add the rest of the Meat Layer ingredients and simmer on medium for 10 mins or so. Remove from heat..
- Grease a 13×9 glass dish. Add half of 1st Layer mixture and press with your hand or spoon until the layer touches the sides. Try to make the layer smooth and even, but don't worry if it isn't perfect. No one will know!.
- OPTIONAL: This is a very most dish. If you wish you can bake the first layer for 10-15 minutes to eliminate some of that moisture. This will also create a firmer bottom (kind of crumbly though). If you choose this option, watch it carefully so it doesn't brown. This will greatly alter the taste of the coconut flour and make it taste too "dessert-like.".
- Spoon half of the Meat Layer over the 1st Layer. Spread it out to all four sides like the other layer..
- Sprinkle half of the Cheese Layer over the Meat Layer..
- Repeat the layers.
- Place in the oven and cook until the cheese bubbles and starts to brown. (Approx 15-20 mins).
- Remove from the oven and allow 5-10 minutes for it to "set up.".
- Serve with a nice salad or my fav: Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
And let's face it: If tomato sauce gives you excruciating joint pain or a. Paleo Lasagna Here is a recipe that attempts to deliver traditional lasagna taste and texture without violating any of the Paleo principles. They've gone through the trouble of producing it two ways, one that's Paleo and one that's Primal. Creating an AIP Paleo Lasagna recipe that could allow all the gluten, dairy & grain free eaters to enjoy this masterpiece of Italian cuisine was something I have been wanting to do for a very long time. For an Italian, Lasagna is the quintessential celebratory food.