Jamaican Curry Chicken.
You can have Jamaican Curry Chicken using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Curry Chicken
- Prepare 3-4 of lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (Cut Bite Size).
- Prepare 1 of Large Yellow Onion (Roughly Chopped).
- It’s 1 Bunch of Green Onions (Roughly Chopped).
- Prepare 1 of 1"- 2" Piece of Fresh Ginger (Peeled & Roughly Chopped).
- It’s 4-5 Cloves of Garlic (Roughly Chopped).
- Prepare 1-2 of Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Habanero Peppers Can Be Subbed).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s 6-8 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme (Pulled Off Stems).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Jamaican Curry Powder.
- It’s 1 lb. of Gold Potatoes (Cut into 2" Cubes).
- You need 4 Cups of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Olive or Veg Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Salt Divided (Or to Taste).
- It’s 1 tsp. of Black Pepper (Or to Taste).
Jamaican Curry Chicken instructions
- Add Onion, Green Onions, Ginger, Garlic, 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, Thyme, Cilantro, & 1/2 of the Salt to a Food Processor. Pulse Until Well Combined..
- Pour Marinade in a Freezer Bag with the Cut Up Chicken Thighs. Seal and Refrigerate for 1 – 2 Hours. (Overnight is Best).
- In a High Walled Pot, Add Curry Powder, and Toast over Low Heat until Aromatic..
- Add Marinated Chicken to Pot and Mix Well with Curry. Add Rest of Salt, Black Pepper, and Gold Potatoes. Stir..
- Pour Chicken Broth over Chicken and Potatoes..
- Cover and Bring to a Boil. Once Boiling, Turn Down to a Low Simmer. Cook for 25 Minutes..
- Uncover, and Add the Other Chopped Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper if using one. Skip This Step if You Don't Like it Too Spicy..
- Cook Uncovered for Another 30 Minutes or Until the Chicken is Tender and the Sauce is Thickened to Your Liking..
- Serve Alone or With Rice. (I like Jasmine Rice).