Instant Pot Braised Pork Belly. Soy Sauce Braised Instant Pot Pork Belly: The Recipe. Turn on the sauté setting, and add the oil and ginger. Add the star anise, rice wine, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, salt, and water.
Place a couple tablespoons of duck fat in a cast iron pan. Pork belly may seem like a complicated dish to make but it's super simple in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker, not to mention, it's super delicious! In this video for Instant Pot Pork Belly, I'll go over all of the ingredients and the optional steps you can take to make it taste even better. You can have Instant Pot Braised Pork Belly using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Braised Pork Belly
- It’s 2 lb of pork belly or fatty stew meat, cut into chunks.
- You need 1/4 cup of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of normal soy sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine.
- Prepare 3-4 of star anise.
- It’s 2.5 cup of water.
- You need 4-5 slices of ginger.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Chinese zechuan cloves.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 of whole dried red pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of large Daikon diced.
- You need 3 of small Potatos diced.
- Prepare 3 of Carrots, diced.
You seriously gotta try this Ultimate Classic Taiwanese Comfort Food – Instant Pot Taiwanese Braised Pork (Chinese: 滷肉飯; Lu Rou Fan)! Mouthful of savory-sweet-umami melt-in-the-mouth tender juicy pork belly rice is super comforting & satisfying to eat. In your instant pot, add your soy sauce, chicken stock, ginger, and garlic – stir to combine. Just like the famous red braised pork belly in mainland China, lu rou fan (卤肉饭/滷肉饭, braised pork belly with rice) is one of the most popular comfort foods in Taiwan.
Instant Pot Braised Pork Belly instructions
- Turn on Sauté setting to sear both sides of each pork belly slice (roughly 2 min per side).
- Add ginger and garlic and keep sauteing in the rendered fat for 1 minute..
- Transfer all ingredients except the vegetables to pressure cooker. And cook on stew setting (17 mins).
- Quick release, open lid, and add in all vegetables. Again cook on stew setting or manual for 17 mins.
There's another variation that uses ground pork instead of pork belly. Making lu rou fan in a clay pot or regular saucepan on the stove top can be tricky sometimes. Use your instant pot to make this melt-in-your-mouth Pressure Cooker Pork Belly (Kakuni)! Enjoy the dish with a steaming bowl of rice, and it could well be your family's favorite recipe. I received many requests for more Instant Pot recipes after I shared my Slow Cooker Chicken Wings recipe.