Instant pot lentil gumbo vegan. This vegetarian instant pot gumbo recipe is quick and easy to make. A wholesome vegan dinner that feeds a crowd. Rich in plant based protein, with the addition lentils, this gumbo is grain free, filling, and nourishing!
Gumbo is the official state cuisine of Louisiana. It is a hearty stew that traditionally made with a strongly-flavored dark roux, chicken or seafood stock, meat or shellfish, what Louisianans call the "Holy Trinity" of vegetables: celery, peppers, and onions; and often okra. A quick vegan dinner that feeds a crowd. You can have Instant pot lentil gumbo vegan using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot lentil gumbo vegan
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic or 2 cloves.
- It’s 1 of red bell Pepper (1 c chopped).
- Prepare 1.5 c of chopped onion.
- It’s 2 of celery ribs (1 cup chopped).
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of Cajun mix spice (the more the spicier).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne.
- It’s 1 c of lentils.
- It’s 3 cups of vegetable broth or chicken broth.
- It’s 2 cups of fresh or frozen chopped okra.
- It’s 1 can of salt free diced tomatoes (13 ounces)- slightly drained.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 c of tomato sauce- salt free if possible.
- It’s of Optional 1 c cauliflower – riced or finely chopped.
- You need to taste of Kosher Salt or sea salt and pepper.
- Prepare of sliced jalapeño and fresh cilantro to garnish.
Gluten free with stove top option included. This gorgeous Instant Pot lentil soup is a delicious and healthy meal full of plant-based protein, fiber, and nutrients. It's tasty, simple to make and is vegan-friendly and gluten-free. We hope you enjoy these amazing ideas to use one of our favorite pantry staples – lentils!
Instant pot lentil gumbo vegan instructions
- Sauté oil, onion, garlic, bell pepper, celery for 5’minutes on sauté setting, until softened and fragrant..
- Add spices and mix again for 1 minute..
- Add remaining ingredients (minus salt and pepper). Mix together. Place lid on pressure cooker then place setting on pressure cook high for 12 minutes..
- After cooking. Add 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp sea salt or kosher salt to taste. Black Pepper to taste Stir and Keep warm. Important: Don't add extra salt to lentil gumbo while pressure cooking because it can ruin ruin texture of lentils..
- Once ready to serve into bowls, garnish with red pepper flakes, jalapeños, and fresh cilantro. Since the cauliflower rice is added to the instant pot, you don't need to serve this over rice. See notes for other options..
A quick vegan dinner that feeds a crowd. Gluten free with stove top option included. This healthy vegan Gumbo with okra and lentils is made without meat, seafood, and a roux. The recipe is flavorful, satisfying, filling, nourishing, rich in plant-based protein, and easy to make. You can enjoy this gluten-free, meat-free dinner with rice, bread or even potatoes.