Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore. Chicken Cacciatore made in a the Instant Pot! The easy Italian sauce is hearty and chunky, loaded with chicken, tomatoes, peppers and onions ( sometimes I add mushrooms too!). Chicken Cacciatore Recipe (Instant Pot) Great over pasta, roasted spaghetti squash, rice or polenta.
In the winter season when the cold air is simply overwhelming, there's only one thing on our mind: a hot and hearty dish that fills us up. This Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore has earned a top spot in our. Arrange the chicken, seasoned-side down, in the Instant Pot. You can have Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- It’s 2 of lbs. chicken thighs.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, diced.
- You need 16 oz. of mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 14 oz. of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 3/4 of cup. chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore is an easy classic Italian dish that can be made quickly in your electric pressure cooker. This recipe also includes crock pot instructions. Don't let the name fool you this recipe is really easy to toss together and one that everyone will love. Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore, delicious quick and easy family dinner that is a favorite with my kids.
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore instructions
- Liberally salt and pepper chicken thighs..
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil to Instant Pot on Saute setting. Brown chicken thighs, 1-2 min. per side. Set aside..
- Add other tbsp of olive oil and add onion, peppers and garlic. Saute until soft and turn off heat..
- Add crushed tomatoes, paprika, thyme, oregano, rosemary and salt. Stir to combine..
- Add mushrooms and chicken. Cover with broth and red wine vinegar, and add bay leaf. Cook on manual heat for 15 minutes, quick release..
- Optionally saute for an additional 15-20 minutes to thicken sauce. Serve with spaghetti..
The chicken is super moist and tender from a rich tomato sauce enhanced with wine and balsamic vinegar. This Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore recipe has tender, fall-apart chicken and a slow cooked taste without using your oven or stove! Easy, simple, rustic Italian comfort food at its best. I've made this electric pressure cooker Chicken Cacciatore recipe twice already. the first batch of photos weren't my favorite, so I decided to redo them. How to make Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore: To braise the chicken in this recipe, you will use either the Instant Pot or the Slow Cooker.