Instant Pot Mongolian Beef. Mix in the fresh green onions, garnish with sesame seeds, and serve. Tips for Making the Best Instant Pot Mongolian Beef: Use the right cut of beef. This (Instant Pot) Pressure Cooker Mongolian Beef is made with flank steak thinly sliced then cooked in a lightly sweet, garlic ginger sauce until it's melt in your mouth tender.
Place the lid on and lock. Steam release knob should be set on "sealing". Tips for Cooking The Instant Pot Mongolian Beef. You can cook Instant Pot Mongolian Beef using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- It’s 1.5 lbs of flank steak.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- You need 2/3 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chinese vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need to taste of Red pepper flakes,.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch slurry.
I like to have the butcher thinly slice my steak, or sometimes you can buy packages of it pre-cut at your local stores. Now if you cut it consider cutting the steak pretty thin, this helps it cook quickly and soaks up even more flavor from the sauce. Sweet, juicy, and garlicky, is the perfect Asian dish to make using Instant Pot, and healthier than takeout. Gotta love instant pot Asian recipes!
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef step by step
- Slice steak against the grain and add to a ziploc bag. Add cornstarch, salt and pepper. Toss until well-coated.
- Add oil and turn on saute setting. Add steak and sear until browned.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, water, brown sugar, vinegar red pepper flakes and sesame oil in a bowl. Add sauce to instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes, natural release for 10 minutes before quick releasing.
- Form cornstarch slurry by mixing 2 tbsp of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water. Turn on saute setting and add slurry. Cook until thickened.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds, and serve over rice..
I am starting off the year by featuring Instant Pot Recipes. This delicious melt-in-your-mouth tender Mongolian Beef is so easy to make that will definitely become part of your weekly rotation. Make this classic favorite Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe (Pressure Cooker Mongolian Beef) 蒙古牛肉 at home! Tender, juicy beef bathe in sweet-savory brown sauce with a spicy kick. This recipe features tender beef that is coated in a sweet and spicy brown sauce.