Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole with Cheese. Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole with Cheese is a quick and easy pressure cooker recipe with fried onions, cream of mushroom soup and cheesy goodness. Variations to Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole. Add bacon- If you love bacon and who doesn't, cook bacon on the side.
This updated version uses fresh green beans, two kinds of cheese, and a secret weapon: the Instant Pot. The green beans pressure-cook to perfection in record time with a bit of garlic and minced shallots. Kicking the classic green bean casserole up a notch, this Instant Pot green bean casserole recipe, inspired by Stay Snatched, will have you and your fellow diners digging for seconds. You can cook Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole with Cheese using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole with Cheese
- Prepare 4-5 cups of fresh green beans stems removed.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, part skim cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, part skim shredded.
- You need 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1/3 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of french fried onions.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of cooking spray.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of water.
Made for generations, the green bean casserole is one of the ultimate comfort foods — but your mama's green beans weren't made in an Instant Pot. Grab a Spatula and deglaze the pot with Bone Broth, so that bits will loosen from the bottom of the pot and add more flavor to the Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole. Add in the Fresh Green Beans When the Mushrooms and Onions are nicely cooked, add in the green beans. It's just like the familiar holiday side that you make in the oven, but the Instant Pot does all the work, leaving room in the oven for things like turkey and apple pie.
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole with Cheese instructions
- Place the Instant Pot on the Sauté function. Add the olive oil and garlic..
- Cook until the garlic becomes fragrant..
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and green beans to the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. *I didn't add any water or broth to the Instant Pot for the green beans. The soup was enough for me. If you wish you can add a cup of water or broth and drain it before baking.*.
- Close the pot and seal. Cook in Manual High-Pressure Cooking for 15 minutes..
- When the Instant Pot indicates it has finished, quick release the steam. Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté function..
- Combine the flour and water in a small bowl to create a slurry. Add the slurry to the pot..
- Add half of the shredded cheese and stir..
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted..
- Place the mozzarella cubes throughout the casserole. Top with the remaining shredded cheese, panko breadcrumbs, and fried onions. Serve..
The Green Bean Casserole Tradition How to make Instant Pot green bean casserole: a tutorial. So, how does it all work in a pressure cooker! It's pretty simple to make Instant Pot green bean casserole. Trim the beans (here's a shortcut!). Flatten each pile slightly with the measuring cup.