Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
You can cook Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- It’s 4 slice of Thick white bread.
- You need 2 slice of Fresh mozzarella.
- Prepare of Cherry or grape tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 bunch of Basil (more or less depending on taste).
- Prepare to taste of Balsamic glaze.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter, softened.
Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich instructions
- Spread butter on two slices of bread and lay them buttered side down on a clean work surface. (Tip: using a piece of wax paper makes for easy clean up).
- Slice washed tomatoes in half, then arrange the halves on the bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste..
- Add basil. This can be washed, dried and torn into pieces. Depending on your personal preference, add as much or little as you like..
- Top each sandwich with a thick slice of fresh mozzarella. Drizzle with balsamic glaze..
- Butter remaining two slices of bread and place it buttered side up on the mozzarella. Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet on medium heat and toast sandwiches on each side until golden brown and cheese is melted. (Lower heat gives sandwich time to develop a nice crunchy crust. A lid could be used to trap the heat in skillet to ensure melted, gooey cheese).