Chicken and Dumplings (Instant Pot). This easy Instant Pot® version of classic chicken and dumplings makes the best use of the multicooker. Brown the chicken, pressure cook, then boil the dumplings all in one appliance! Thicken Chicken and Dumplings: Bring the soup to a simmer.
Nothing says warm and cozy like a bowl of Southern-style chicken and dumplings—but we don't necessarily always have time to complete every painstaking step like Mama used to do. That's when we break out the ultimate modern-day kitchen helper: the Instant Pot. Making Instant Pot chicken and Bisquick dumplings is a quick and easy way to enjoy fluffy dumplings without a lot of effort! You can cook Chicken and Dumplings (Instant Pot) using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumplings (Instant Pot)
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery, diced (w/ leafy tops reserved).
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry sherry.
- You need 2 of bone-in chicken breasts.
- You need 3 tbsp of corn starch + 3tbsp water (to form slurry).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Seasoning Mixture:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of seasoned salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of poultry seasoning (salt-free).
- It’s 2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of rubbed sage.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- It’s of For Dumplings:.
- It’s 1 1/4 of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole milk.
Find out how to make Instant Pot chicken and dumplings with Bisquick, putting this pressure cooker comfort food on the table fast! Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Chicken and dumplings – this recipe made in the Instant Pot includes cream of chicken soup, chicken breast, chicken broth, frozen peas and carrots, buttermilk and spices. As mentioned previously, my husband got me an Instant Pot for Christmas, and this Chicken and Dumplings recipe, besides being one of my favorite chicken recipes, and I have many, like Instant Pot Chicken Thighs, is also my favorite of all the Instant Pot recipes so far!
Chicken and Dumplings (Instant Pot) step by step
- Set Instant Pot to sauté setting (high).
- Season outside of chicken breasts with salt and ground pepper.
- To Instant Pot, add butter, carrots, onions, and celery. Lightly season with salt and ground pepper. Stir frequently for around 5 minutes (or until vegetables start to soften). Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute..
- Pour in chicken broth and stir well. Add the chicken breasts to the pot, making sure the chicken is completely covered by the broth. Add bay leaves, then secure the lid..
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure cook for 10 minutes. Quick release steam at the end of the 10 minutes..
- Remove bay leaves (discard), remove chicken from the pot and set aside to cool..
- Add cooking sherry, all seasonings, and leafy tops of celery to the pot. Stir well..
- While the chicken cools, make the dumplings. Mix together flour, salt, and baking powder. Warm milk and butter in microwave until butter is melted. Slowly pour in butter/milk mixture to flour mixture. Stir until JUST combined. Flour countertop and roll out to 1/8"thick and cut into even pieces (about 1"w x 2"l). Coat pieces with a bit of flour to avoid sticking..
- Set Instant Pot to sauté on high. Once bubbling, stir in cornstarch slurry. Add dumpling strips one at a time, stirring frequently..
- Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid set on top of the pot (but not locked). After 10 minutes, cancel or "keep warm" setting..
- Shred the chicken, removing skin and bones. Add the chicken and 1/4 cup heavy cream to the pot and stir..
- Serve and enjoy!.
This recipe contains ingredients from your pantry without the use of canned biscuits or condensed soups. It's an easy, wholesome meal your entire family will love. This easy Instant Pot Chicken & Dumplings made with canned biscuits, peas, and carrots is the perfect hearty meal and comfort food! Join a family community and receive the latest articles, travel tips, recipes and more in your inbox. Have you ever wondered if you can make old-fashioned, comforting chicken and dumplings in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker?