Spinach & Potato Rice in Instant Pot. Spinach is a dark, leafy green vegetable that is packed with vitamins and other nutrients. A superfood, spinach has a range of health benefits, including lowering the risk of cancer and reducing. Spinach is notoriously nutritious and delicious too, so we've gathered our most-popular spinach recipes to round out your repertoire.
Spinach Salad I, Jamie's Cranberry Spinach Salad, Crustless Spinach Quiche, Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip II, Strawberry Spinach Salad I Overview Information Spinach is a vegetable. The leaves are used for food and to make medicine. As a medicine, spinach is used to treat stomach and intestinal (gastrointestinal, GI) complaints and. You can cook Spinach & Potato Rice in Instant Pot using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach & Potato Rice in Instant Pot
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Basmati rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Clarified butter/ Ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cilantro.
- You need 2 cups of water(you can replace half of liquid with any broth).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of tsps Black pepper powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen Green peas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Potatoes diced.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of Cardamom.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 of Cloves.
Spinach is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, including ():Vitamin A. Spinach is high in carotenoids, which your body can turn into vitamin A. The various health benefits of spinach are due to the presence of minerals, vitamins, pigments, and phytonutrients, including potassium, zinc, magnesium, iron, and calcium. Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) is a leafy green flowering plant native to central and western Asia.
Spinach & Potato Rice in Instant Pot step by step
- In a blender, puree the spinach leaves and cilantro with a pinch of salt and 2-3 tbsp of water..
- Set the IP on saute mode and once the inner pot is hot, pour few tbsp of ghee followed by the whole spices and cumin seeds..
- Once the cumin seeds start spluttering, add the green peas, potatoes,pepper and cumin powder.Saute them lightly for a minute..
- Add the spinach puree and stir gently..
- Now goes the washed and drained rice into the pot with half a lemon squeezed..
- Pour in 2 3/4 cups of water along with salt as needed..
- Close the IP lid making sure the steam handle is on sealing mode..
- Pressure cook for 4 minutes and once done, open the lid using Quick Release and stir gently using a spoon..
- Check the doneness of the rice and potatoes..
- Serve hot!.
It is of the order Caryophyllales, family Amaranthaceae, subfamily Chenopodioideae. Its leaves are a common edible vegetable consumed either fresh, or after storage using preservation techniques by canning, freezing, or dehydration. Clean the spinach by filling up your sink with water and soaking the spinach to loosen any sand or dirt. Drain the spinach and then repeat soaking and draining. Put the spinach in a salad spinner to remove any excess.