Instant Pot Lemon Rice. Instant Pot Lemon Rice—Greek-inspired lemon rice is perfect to serve as a side dish or with chicken. It's flavor is subtle, but delicious. I went to the most delicious Greek place the other day for dinner.
Lemon rice cooks in the pressure cooker in just four minutes. It's a perfect side dish for one of our favorite dishes, Greek Souvlaki. Souvlaki with Lemon Rice is a meal my family loves all year long, but especially when barbecue season comes around. You can have Instant Pot Lemon Rice using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Lemon Rice
- You need 1 1/2 cups of unsoaked Basmati rice.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need of salt as per taste.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of lemon juice lemons.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of stem curry leaves.
- You need 1/4 cup of green peas cooked.
- Prepare 3-4 of shallots.
- It’s 2 of slit green chilly.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 2 of tsps ghee(clarified butter) / oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of peanuts roasted (optional).
I marinate cubed pork overnight in a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and marjoram. We're using our Instant Pot to make a quick and delicious side that your whole family will love. Flavorful, tangy and crunchy Lemon Rice from South India, made as a one-pot dish in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. Aromatic Basmati Rice flavored with lemon juice, mustard seeds, ginger and topped with roasted peanuts.
Instant Pot Lemon Rice step by step
- Keep the Instant Pot on saute mode and once hot,add some ghee or oil..
- Pop the mustard seeds and add bay leaf, curry leaves,green chilies and shallots..
- Add salt,turmeric powder,peanuts and saute well until shallots turn golden..
- Pour the lemon juice into this and saute well..
- Now add the washed and drained rice into the inner pot..
- Mix well all the ingredients until well combined..
- Add 2 cups water and check the salt. Now set the 'pressure cook' mode to 4 mins..
- Once done,open the lid using Quick Release and transfer the rice to a colander to cool.(to prevent sticking of rice).
- Serve hot with pickle and salad of your choice..
- Tip# For cooking perfect Basmati rice in Instant Pot,the rice to water ratio is: Unsoaked Basmati – 1:1.25 ratio & Soaked Basmati Rice 1:1 ratio.
So, wait for a sale and snag one, you will not be sorry. Instant Pot Lemon Rice practically cooks itself and comes out of the pot perfectly delicious. Making rice in an Instant Pot vs. stove top is much simpler because you don't have to watch or worry about the rice. Just push the "RICE" button and the pot cooks the rice to perfection every time. Instant Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken and Rice is an easy and delicious chicken dinner recipe.